Kia Motors Australia - Kia SP2 Seltos MY2020 Recall

A recall notice for Kia SP2 Seltos MY2020 supplied by Kia Motors Australia as Australian Design Rule (ADR) 25 requires an anti-theft lock to be fitted as an anti-theft preventative measure. During the manufacturing process the anti-theft lock that is fitted to the steering column shaft was not installed.

Kia Motors Australia - Kia SP2 Seltos MY2020

PRA No.

2020/18387

Date published

31 Aug 2020

Product description

Kia SP2 Seltos
Model Year 2020

2 465 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.pdf (395.27 KB)

What are the defects?

Australian Design Rule (ADR) 25 requires an anti-theft lock to be fitted as an anti-theft preventative measure. During the manufacturing process the anti-theft lock that is fitted to the steering column shaft was not installed.

What are the hazards?

The vehicle is not compliant with the Australian Design Rule 25/01.

What should consumers do?

Kia Motors Australia is contacting all known owners of affected vehicles. Consumers should contact their nearest Kia Motors Australia dealer to arrange for inspection and repair of the vehicle.

For further information, consumers should contact Kia Motors Australia on 13 15 42 or a dealer listing can be found by visiting www.kia.com.au/findadealer

Supplier

Kia Motors Australia

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Kia dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 25 October 2019 - 25 August 2020

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.