Is This Deceptive Advertising?

When grocery shopping online I always use the “Unit Price Low to High” option. When searching for canned peeled tomatoes the search provided me will a list that I presumed would be in order as per the “Unit Price Low To High” option. Upon further scrutiny of the products the search raised, 3 of the products (Shown as items 2-4 in list) where unit priced $/1KG which where priced from $2.75/1KG to $4.50 /1KG but the item at the front which should be the cheapest is advertised as $0.45/100G, so when you equalise the weight becomes $4.50/1KG. This to me is a case of deceptive adverting especially as the item in question has a highlighted “Only at W” (Woolies) label.

5 Likes

It is more likely incompetent programming :wink: - unintentional by Woolies but their IT people need a dressing down to ‘get with it’. Still, Woolies ‘owns’ the problem.

Have you reported it?

6 Likes

Contacted them via webchat & rep told me I would needed to be put through to another department. I needed to go & requested she contact the other department for me & contact me via email after investigating. I dont expect to receive any reply

5 Likes