Is “The Ticket Merchant” a legitimate reseller?

Instead of buying through the official website my husband wound up on the website for the The Ticket Merchant and made the purchase there. Is this site legit? Apparently they only send the tickets out later on and I’m worried we will be turned away at the gate. IF we do end up getting the tickets is there a way we can check if they are the real deal? And if they aren’t is there anything we can do?

2 Likes

Hi @Grimly, welcome to the community.

They are a ‘secondary ticket marketplace’. Their website states that ’ Prices may be above or below face value’ This may means they might on-sell tickets from the authorised or official ticket agency used by the event and add their own commissions…

I personally would go to the official ticketing agency used for the event. There are risks with buying from resellers. See:

If they are reselling tickets, some states and/or events prohibit the on-selling of tickets or the on-selling of tickets for more than the original price. You might not find out there is a problem until you turn up to the venue in anticipation to attend the event.

3 Likes

Hi Grimly,

We are sorry to hear that you are concerned by the delivery of your tickets.

The Ticket Merchant is an Australian based ticket marketplace that has been in operation for nearly 20 years. I can assure you that any tickets available to purchase through our website will be sent to you before the event takes place and gain you entry into the venue. To ensure that tickets are legitimate and not double sold, we only allow authorised sellers that we have been working with for a long period of time to list tickets through our website and do not allow one-off sellers.

For some events, ticket delivery is delayed at the request of the promoter or venue which is likely the reason you are yet to receive your tickets. A list of events with ticket delays can be found here on our website.

Unfortunately there is not enough information in this question for us to match you to any orders and confirm the date you can expect to receive your tickets but we would love the opportunity to ease any concerns that you may have. Please reach out to our customer service team directly on 03 9498 1554 or email us at info@theticketmerchant.com.au.

Moderator edit: typo in email was corrected.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Community @theticketmerchant and always happy to have a company following posts about themselves.

I noticed what appears to be a typo in your posted email address and corrected it. That being written I scanned your web site and it is impressive how difficult it is to find that information. The email listed at the end of the T&C, not an obvious place, is all I could find. Your phone? Is it there and I missed it?

Google finds it and correctly indicated your Facebook page has it all but why should it be so hard if one is not on the ‘correct’ social media or is just a web not social media user?

Related to my observation?

4 Likes

Hi Phil, thank you for your warm welcome and for reaching out with your query!
We have several emails that our customers are able to reach us on. These can be found on Google, Trustpilot and socials including Facebook and Instagram, our phone number is also visible on Facebook. info@theticketmerchant.com.au is one email address, and contact-us@theticketmerchant.com.au is another, which can be found here: Contact Us.
Alternatively, you can scroll to the bottom of our website and click on “Contact Us”, it will take you to the above mentioned page and from there you can fill out an online form with your question.
None of these methods of contact are incorrect, we have several lines of communication open for our customers to ensure that we are able to provide the best customer service possible.

2 Likes

Just an update for those who might find this useful, the tickets were sent to us approx 2 days before the event and they did end up working. Big thanks to @PhilT for helping out with the post, much appreciated.

3 Likes