Induction cook tops and Air Fryer OVENS

Don’t buy Miele, never ever.
Read my troubles i had with Miele
JUST DONT BUY!!

Not necessarily. We needed to replace our cooktop and we couldn’t find anything that was big enough to go into the existing cutout. I had a ‘square ring’ of stainless steel cut to size. That was glued to the counter, and the new cooktop is mounted to that. It doesn’t look like a showroom kitchen install, but no-one has ever commented that it looks out of place. Some have commented that they thought it was part of the cooktop ( which is also stainless steel ).

5 Likes

Good thinking. How much cheaper than a new bench top?

2 Likes

That is a time proven solution to misfitting appliances. Our previous oven was 75cm but the standard seems to have shifted to the oven being 75cm from the hole being 75cm, so we had to buy a 70cm replacement. We had two stainless side bars made at a modest cost as vanity panels to fill out the cavity.

Same here, and as with yours ours looks much like part of the oven.

3 Likes

The laminate benchtop itself wouldn’t be too expensive to remake, but getting a new one in would be very difficult without removing the glass splashback. Custom-built kitchens look great, but can prove to be tricky when you need to upgrade or replace just a single appliance.

We needed to have a plinth made for our replacement oven to sit on, as it was not as tall as the previous one.

We will have a similar issue when our 20 year old fridge eventually dies. The cabinets were made around it, and modern fridges of similar capacity are tall-and-skinny rather than shorter-and-wider like our current one. I expect to have to trim the lower part of the cupboard above the existing space - by removing its bottom shelf and shortening the cupboard doors.

3 Likes