Hyundai Motor Company Australia Pty Ltd - Hyundai Kona EV MY2018-2020 Recall

A recakk notice for Hyundai Kona EV MY2018-202 supplied by Hyundai Motor Company Australia Pty Ltd
as the Lithium-ion battery may have internal damage or the battery management system (BMS) control software may cause an electrical short circuit after charging.

Hyundai Motor Company Australia Pty Ltd - Hyundai Kona EV MY2018-2020

PRA No.

2020/18621

Date published

18 Nov 2020

Campaign number

01D076

Product description

Hyundai Kona Electric Vehicle (EV)
Model Years 2018-2020

796 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.pdf (319.66 KB)

What are the defects?

The Lithium-ion battery may have internal damage or the battery management system (BMS) control software may cause an electrical short circuit after charging.

What are the hazards?

If an electrical short circuit occurs, this could result in a vehicle fire which can increase the risk of serious injury or death to vehicle occupants, bystanders and/or damage to property.

What should consumers do?

Affected vehicles need to be parked in an open space and away from flammable materials and structures, that is, not in a garage.

Consumers should only charge their vehicles up to 90% of its battery capacity. Hyundai Motor Company Australia will notify affected owners and invite them to take their vehicles to an authorised Hyundai dealership to have the EV Battery diagnosed for a software update or battery cell rectification.

Affected consumers can find their nearest dealer by visiting https://www.hyundai.com.au/dealer

For further information, consumers can contact Hyundai’s Customer Care Centre on 1800 186 306.

Supplier

Hyundai Motor Company Australia Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Hyundai dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 1 December 2018 - 29 February 2020

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.