Honda Australia Motorcycles and Power Equipment Pty Ltd - Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade SP Motorcycle MY2020 Recall

A recall notice for Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade SP Motorcycle MY2020 supplied by Honda Australia Motorcycles and Power Equipment Pty Ltd as the motorcycles gear change pivot bolt may loosen due to repeated heavy shifting of the gears. In some cases, the bolt will loosen and break off, resulting in the release of the gear change pedal and a failure to change gears.

Honda Australia Motorcycles and Power Equipment Pty Ltd - Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade SP Motorcycle MY2020

PRA No.

2020/18614

Date published

10 Nov 2020

Campaign number

3LH

Product description

Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade SP
1000cc, Sports on Road Motorcycle
Model Year 2020

Each unit has a unique 17-Digit ISO VIN stamped onto the Main Frame of the motorcycle

20 affected motorcycles

Photograph of Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade SP

Identifying features

Other

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (8.65 KB)

What are the defects?

The motorcycles gear change pivot bolt may loosen due to repeated heavy shifting of the gears. In some cases, the bolt will loosen and break off, resulting in the release of the gear change pedal and a failure to change gears.

What are the hazards?

If there is a failure to change gears while riding, this could increase the risk of an accident and injury or death to rider(s) and other road users.

What should consumers do?

Consumers should contact their nearest Honda motorcycle dealer and arrange for their motorcycle to be inspected and repaired at their earliest opportunity.

For further information, consumers should contact their authorised Honda Motorcycle Dealer directly or contact the Customer Relations Department on 1300 559 846 (Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 6pm) or email customer.relations@honda.com.au or via the website https://motorcycles.honda.com.au/contactus

Supplier

Honda Australia Motorcycles and Power Equipment Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

Honda Australia MPE authorised dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 1 June 2020 - 22 October 2020

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.