Home Cleaning & Organising Tips

Can I buy some from you?

4 Likes

Sure @SueW ,
As soon as I have some I’ll send it your way😉

3 Likes

Or if you feel lethargic, you can come to my place to get your energy boost! :wink:

1 Like

Some say lazy, others call it efficient. Here’s the lazy person’s guide to spring cleaning:

3 Likes

An article regarding cleaning clothes and fabrics with 3 ingredients which may be of use to some members.

Our recent tips to declutter and organise your home. Includes some helpful links to cleaning and maintaining appliances at the end of the article.

2 Likes

Another article regarding home organising tips.

A cleaning tip regarding a microwave oven.

2 Likes

An article regarding dust in homes.

An article regarding using tumble dryer sheets to clean oven racks.

And another article regarding using them for many things.

1 Like

Dryer sheets are probably expensive as cleaning methods go. 1/2 to 1 cup of oxy in hot water, soak the racks for a few hours, and the gunk wipes off. Powdered dishwater detergent also works but not quite as well in my experience.

2 Likes

That’s an old one. Have been doing it for decades

My pantry is better organised, jars did cost a bit but they have multi uses. preserving, freezing, anything for the fridge or freezer, storing dry goods, fermenting etc etc.

Another article regarding tips to clean oven racks.

Both at our previous residence and our current home, we use a window squeegee to wipe the shower glass door and panels, and the wall and floor tiles, for safety and to help prevent mold.

The best we have found is the one Kmart stock on and off.

https://www.kmart.com.au/product/window-squeegee---assorted/811817

It is small, light, and very easy to use, and it works so well when new that it actually squeaks across the glass, but not unexpectedly, the rubber blade eventually wears away.

During recent years, I have only been able to buy the last one in stock, and Kmart had no stocks for some time and staff said that they did not know if they would get more.

Whilst looking for another item at Kmart a week ago, I saw that they had large stocks of them so I bought 4 of them which will hopefully last until we need to buy more.

So if you would like to get a fantastic squeegee, grab one if and while your local Kmart has any stocks.

PS. I don’t have any vested interests in this.

1 Like

Another cleaning tip using dishwasher tablets.

1 Like

Another cleaning tip for a DIY “miracle” cleaning spray.

1 Like

A tip for cleaning oven door glass.

A tip for cleaning shower glass.

An article regarding using toothpaste to help hang picture frames on walls.