Hino Motor Sales Australia - Hino 500 Series Trucks MY2018 Recall

A recall notice for Hino 500 Series Trucks MY2018 supplied by Hino Motor Sales Australia as the differential pressure pipe in the diesel particulate reduction system’s (DPR) may be improperly fixed. This pressure pipe detects DPR blockage and may be cracked on the fixing point by thermal expansion and shrinkage.

Hino Motor Sales Australia - Hino 500 Series Trucks MY2018

PRA No.

2020/18306

Date published

28 May 2020

Campaign number

AAG40

Product description

Hino 500 Series Trucks
Model Year 2018

1 140 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.pdf (22.95 KB)

What are the defects?

The differential pressure pipe in the diesel particulate reduction system’s (DPR) may be improperly fixed. This pressure pipe detects DPR blockage and may be cracked on the fixing point by thermal expansion and shrinkage.

What are the hazards?

Exhaust gas may leak, the DPR indicator light may not work properly and vehicle performance may be reduced. In the worst case, the DPR system could be damaged.

What should consumers do?

Hino is writing to all affected owners to inform them of the recall. Owners should contact an authorised Hino dealer to arrange to have the DPR differential pressure pipe inspected and replaced if required.

For further information, owners can contact the Hino Care Centre on 1300 014 466 or find their local Hino dealership at https://www.hino.com.au/dealer

Supplier

Hino Motor Sales Australia

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Hino dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 1 April 2018 - 30 April 2019

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.