Hellofresh

HelloFresh have been harassing my husband demanding money for food we have not ordered or received. The address they quote for us is one we left 2 years ago. I am unable to contact anyone by telephone or email.
He has never been a customer of this company. I was several years ago but cancelled the contract after a short time.
They have no grounds to threaten us with debt collectors. I cannot find out if this is a scam or otherwise. Can anyone help? Please.

Whoever has been harassing you may or may not be legitimate but should have contact information, and that may or may not be genuine from Hellofresh or their collector so to be treated with extreme caution. To proceed or verify what you are receiving as a claim try the chat linked to this page. Click on ‘Ask a question’ below and type your question into Chef, our virtual assistant. Chef can quickly find the answer you need or help connect you to an agent.

https://www.hellofresh.com.au/contact-us

and use terms such as ‘need agent’, ‘agent’, ‘complaint’ or similar. Most chatbots have a way to get to a human for those who persevere, some easier or more obvious than others.

Keep a transcript or screen shots of the chat.

Good luck getting through their hoops and please let us know you go.

2 Likes

If you can’t contact them and somebody appears to make demands I would explain to them once and if they persist say “see you in court”. It costs quite a bit to get a judgement and few will do it unless they are sure of their grounds, the sum is substantial and they think you actually have the money. Debt collectors don’t make a profit chasing will o the wisp.

Sadly the law is on their side to a degree as they can make many contacts and phone calls before it is classed as harassment and they know the limits very well.

also report one to the credit bureaus that can affect one’s ability to get a credit card or loan. Ignoring them can come with a price. If one is completely self sufficient, ‘carded up’, owns their home, buys vehicles for cash, and so on, a credit report is much less important, if important at all. However it could even affect being able to change utility or phone/internet providers in an extreme case.

Their phone number is: (02) 8188 8722

However, if it is in the hands of the debt collector, it will most likely be the debt collector you will need to deal with and resolve the alleged outstanding debt. The ACCC has so good information on how to deal with debt collectors:

I would be asking the question of the debt collector what evidence that the debt has been accrued by either you or your husband. They should have the information and should be able to provide times, amounts and also nature of the debit.

This information then allows you to check your own records (emails, date of unsubscribing from their services, terms and conditions about cancelling contracts, possibly bank statements etc) in relation to the alleged debt. It is possible that either you or HelloFresh has erred in relation to the debt, but to prove it wasn’t you, you need to have sufficient evidence indicating that this is the case.

Good luck with resolving as debt collectors can be ‘prickley customers’ to deal with, as highlighted by Choice in the past:

4 Likes

After many telephone calls (thank you for the telephone number - it’s obviously a closely guarded one) I have managed to obtain an email clearly stating that we have no outstanding amount on our account. Also telling us to disregard their previous emails!
It has been a very stressful experience, as you can imagine.
Thank you for your help

7 Likes