HelloFresh discount on extra meals - false advertising

Just discovered that HelloFresh engage in some false advertising. Ever since I subscribed to HelloFresh during the selection of our standard 3 meals in the HelloFresh App and message comes up telling me that I can order a 4th meal for just $11.36 (sorry cannot remember exact amount but it is $11.-- something). Took the bait last week and noticed that I was invoiced for the normal amount for my 4th meal. When I asked for an explanation, HelloFresh told me the $11.36 is just for one person and because we have a 2 person meal (the minimum available, you are not able to order any less than for 2 people) they charged that amount twice. So no discount, just false advertising.

3 Likes

Hi @Nicky, welcome to the community.

From what you have posted, what a shocking experience with HelloFresh. I suspect they will point to T&Cs of the offer to support their view
but

If they made an offer for a discounted 4th meal based on the purchases in your shopping basket, it appears that their online platform shouldn’t have made the offer to you. The error is in their court and they should uphold the offer made at the time of purchase. It isn’t your fault their ‘systems’ misrepresented the conditions of the offer by making the offer to you. It appears you accepted it is good faith.

I would be putting a formal complaint to HelloFresh outlining you have been deceived by an error in their purchasing platform which made an offer it appears only after accepting, you technically weren’t entitled to. As they made the offer, it should be accepted otherwise it was misleading under the Australian Consumer Law.

If they don’t honour the offer, say you will take it further.

6 Likes

I am a subscribe to Hello Fresh
I too saw this "offer’ but it is very clear when you read it that it says for one meal.
If you take up the "offer’ you see in your cart before you click OK the total price ie the “special offer price” times the number of meals in your program.
BTW the "special " offer is no such thing. Its at their standard pricing

1 Like