Have you ever bought convenience veggies?

Have you ever bought convenience veg from the supermarket? Think already peeled, chopped, sliced, diced, shredded or spiralised fresh veg such as coleslaw and stir-fry mixes through to basic carrot sticks, broccoli florets or cauliflower rice.

If so, I’d really appreciate it if you could complete this simple two question survey.

It should only take a minute or two, and will help inform an article I’m writing on these types of products.

Thanks in advance!

4 Likes

Hi @rclemons

Usually no. The only one we may do from time to time is salad mixes or baby spinach packs. Does this quality for the survey?

We prefer to buy our own to prepare as it is usually cheaper and not wrapped in plastic.

2 Likes

Completed the survey and used “Other” in both response areas.

2 Likes

Thanks for asking. The survey is more focused on finding out which of the different types are most popular, and as it doesn’t include salad mixes there’s probably no need for you to complete it (although you’re welcome to just check ‘other’ as a response and provide this detail!).

3 Likes

Some Salad mixes are more than just a mix/single vegetable. Some are Asian, Caesar, and similar packaged products containing sauces, dressings, noodles etc.

2 Likes

Survey has been completed .

4 Likes

Completed. I did it before I read your response re salad greens.

We only buy them if cheaper than the equivalent loose items. Interestingly, I didn’t realize how many different of these products we have bought on sale.

I have been in the supermarket when I overheard the staff talking about taking greens and other vegetables that were not display quality to convert them into packaged salad mix.

4 Likes

Hi all, here’s the resulting CHOICE article about convenience veg, in case you were wondering if anything came of that survey you completed :slight_smile:

4 Likes