Harley-Davidson Australia Pty Ltd - H-D Detachables® Tour-Pak Luggage Conversion Kits fitted to certain Harley-Davidson Touring and CVO Touring Motorcycles MY2015-2019 Recall

A recall notice for H-D Detachables® Tour-Pak Luggage Conversion Kits fitted to certain Harley-Davidson Touring and CVO Touring Motorcycles MY2015-2019 upplied by Harley-Davidson Australia Pty Ltd.

Harley-Davidson Australia Pty Ltd — H-D Detachables® Tour-Pak Luggage Conversion Kits fitted to certain Harley-Davidson Touring and CVO Touring Motorcycles MY2015-2019

PRA No.

2019/17763

Date published

16 Sep 2019

Campaign number

Product description

Harley-Davidson Parts & Accessories
H-D Detachables® Tour-Pak Luggage Conversion Kits fitted to certain Harley-Davidson Touring and CVO Touring Motorcycles
Model Years 2015-2019

Photograph of H-D Detachables Tour-Pak Luggage Conversion Kit in Chrome|480x435

Photograph of H-D Detachables Tour-Pak Luggage Conversion Kit in Gloss Black|480x434

Identifying features

SKU

Part Numbers: 53000291, 53000291A and 53000567

Other

Motorcycle Model Numbers FLHTCU, FLHTCUL, FLHTK, FLHTK ANV, FLHTKL, FLTRU, FLHTKSE, FLHTKSE ANV and FLTRUSE

What are the defects?

The product is not equipped with reflectors that replace the rear reflector on the motorcycle, which is removed when installing this kit.

What are the hazards?

The absence of a reflector could reduce the rear visibility of the motorcycle to other drivers, increasing the risk of an accident and injury to the rider.

What should consumers do?

Consumers with affected motorcycles should contact their nearest Harley-Davidson Australia dealer to arrange an inspection immediately. Affected motorcycles will be fitted with reflectors.

To find a local dealership, visit https://www.harley-davidson.com/au/en/find-a-dealer.html.

Supplier

Harley-Davidson Australia Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

Harley-Davidson Australia Dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

International

Dates available for sale

• 1 September 2014 - 14 August 2019

Recall advertisements and supporting documentation

Recall advertisement.pdf (46.11 KB)

Responsible regulator

Australian Competition and Consumer Commission is the responsible regulator for this recall.

2 Likes