Glock Pistols Made To Look Like Lego Toys

An article regarding Lego demanding that a US company stop producing covers that make Glock pistols look like Lego toys.

Only in America.

4 Likes

I read this the other day and was lost for words.

How could a company produce a product to make a deadly weapon look like a Lego toy? I hope that those who could buy the product, chose not to for obvious reasons.

5 Likes

Just as well young American kids are not already picking up real guns that actually look like real guns and are shooting people with them, bur real guns that look like Leggo toys might encourage them to do so.

What next? Real hand grenades that look like Kinder Surprise treats?

This type of stupidity goes a long way towards explaining how Trump got his support base and how the Capitol Hill rioters were so easily manipulated.

3 Likes

The strange thing is that Gaston Glock who developed the pistol was an expert in polymers and new nothing about gun manufacturing . Often called the plastic fantastic due to their polymer bodies Glocks are a good work horse . Myself I prefer the Beretta 92 FS 9mm . Suits my smaller hands and like their Trap Guns very well engineered .

3 Likes

Like James Bond?

1 Like

Only in the earliest films. There after a Walther PPK or not even mentioned.

Similar to images from Chuck Norris and Rambo movies the hero is always able to dodge all the bullets while rarely missing the bad guys.

Bond at least was interlaced with intrigue, wild action scenes mostly not in the bed, and some very unimaginative dialogue. They say for a good singer to sing deliberately out of tune is difficult. Is the same true of the demands of an actor in a Bond movie.

The big suspense is whether there will ever be a female 007, partner preferences diverse?

P.S.
On the Lego disguise for your a pistol. Let’s hope it does not catch on. Australia from time to time takes exception to toys that might look like a firearm. That net will need to be broadened. The greater risk is kids making toy Lego copies of the real lego cloaked weapon and causing panic or worse outcomes for themselves. No one will know for sure until someone fires first.

5 Likes

The land of cowboys and a not irrational ‘shoot first because you might not be able to shoot second’ mentality. It often goes very poorly. Not a lego gun, just a gun-alike lighter. In these times one wonders how detached someone may need to be to own let alone display such an object in a crowded public place.

1 Like

The real Judge Dredd?

It’s said they always ‘go off’, good for a ‘real’ service pistol for that reason, I don’t imagine they want to be clearing a jam or reloading after a no-fire when the bad guys are lobbing lead at them wholesale 124 grains at a time - accuracy without some work is questionable, but in the hands of people who train a couple times a year its somewhat academic …

Springfield Armory Stainless 1911 in 9mm for me - but I have gorilla hands :wink: Hard to make that look like a Lego project :rofl:

ahem … we digress …

1 Like