Getting a flu shot will make me sick?

If one wants the facts on what is in a vaccination, including those like the flu shot, information can be found here…

The Australian Immunisation Handbook

US Center for Disease Control

While some of the compounds which may be used/found in vaccinations may appear ‘scary’, one needs to also understand that these same componds are naturally present in foods or other things we come into contact with/consume.

For example, the anti-vaccination supporters often use formaldehyde as a notable chemical as minute residues may occur in vaccinations after preparation, but one also needs to realise that formaldehyde also occurs naturally in foods.

If one accept the risks of not getting a vaccination, they must also accept the complications and potential long term health consequences (including death) which can result from the disease. If one is comfortable with taking on such risk, then it is up to them. They must also accept the risk of passing any preventable disease onto those vulnerable in our society, due to something outside their control, can’t be vaccinated and therefore protected from the disease.

All I can say is life is short and I personally would want the rest of my life as healthy and unencumbered by injury/disability as possible. This is why I chose to vaccinate. For me and most of the population, the risks of vaccination are far less than the risks associated with getting any of the highly communicable diseases, which can be prevented by the same vaccination.

5 Likes