Garden hoses and fittings

I purchased a hoselink trigger and connectors seems pretty good. They sterny mention do not drop nozzle as it could damage. I haven’t get seen any leaks. I have seen other manufacturers advertise how they pre crimp the connector but i remember using one of those and it came off when used.

1 Like

My Hoselink stuff is now >18 years old, IIRC. The triggers on the sprayers I bought at the time have now got loose, but they still work, up to a point. One still does on/off, the other does not. All connectors are still in good shape and I have not had to replace washers/o-rings or whatever they are. Maybe buying so soon after they started advertising themselves was a plus. Perhaps the newer stuff is not as high quality. I’m still pleased with mine!

1 Like

Every hose I have bought has kinked even when its says it is kink free. I’m sure the hoses aren’t tested for this fault.

1 Like

‘Kink free’ is a be careful what you wish for as I see it. Kinking (cheap) hoses are easy to manage, light weight, and easy to roll up to hang. The more kink resistant a hose is the less happy it is to bend/roll while being dragged around the garden, and the more difficult and heavy to roll up.

4 Likes

I bought a “Kink Free” hose from my local hardware, who told me that no hose is kink free, just less likely to kink, if treated well. Been good so far.

1 Like

Yes mine lost part of the outer ring, it still works. I am a little over the need to lubricate the plungers when it sticks and changing the o rings very so often. And the premium hose kinks no matter what I do.

2 Likes