Garden hoses and fittings

I purchased a hoselink trigger and connectors seems pretty good. They sterny mention do not drop nozzle as it could damage. I haven’t get seen any leaks. I have seen other manufacturers advertise how they pre crimp the connector but i remember using one of those and it came off when used.

1 Like

My Hoselink stuff is now >18 years old, IIRC. The triggers on the sprayers I bought at the time have now got loose, but they still work, up to a point. One still does on/off, the other does not. All connectors are still in good shape and I have not had to replace washers/o-rings or whatever they are. Maybe buying so soon after they started advertising themselves was a plus. Perhaps the newer stuff is not as high quality. I’m still pleased with mine!

1 Like

Every hose I have bought has kinked even when its says it is kink free. I’m sure the hoses aren’t tested for this fault.

1 Like

‘Kink free’ is a be careful what you wish for as I see it. Kinking (cheap) hoses are easy to manage, light weight, and easy to roll up to hang. The more kink resistant a hose is the less happy it is to bend/roll while being dragged around the garden, and the more difficult and heavy to roll up.

4 Likes

I bought a “Kink Free” hose from my local hardware, who told me that no hose is kink free, just less likely to kink, if treated well. Been good so far.

1 Like

Yes mine lost part of the outer ring, it still works. I am a little over the need to lubricate the plungers when it sticks and changing the o rings very so often. And the premium hose kinks no matter what I do.

3 Likes

I have a, hoselink connectors and spray gun as already had hoses. The connectors, seem quality. They warn one to not drop the nozzle as it is metal construction may damage it. So far doesn’t seem to have burst from fittings. I comment on hoses or reels. Can’t comment on quality after an amount of time how, would be. As, others have mentioned hoses are very hard to find the heavy duty so , called non kink ones seem to be hard to wind up i would recommend hoselink. I was looking at a hose, cart seems bit expensive but the reel is fitted out… Hoselink looks like they have changed the style of the equipment my nozzle looks different to the newer ones they sell now

I want to buy a new wrinkle free garden hose.
Please advise.

1 Like

Hi @1amFreedom and welcome to the Community

I have moved your post to an already existing topic on garden hoses and their fittings. There are a multip0le of posts and reading through them may give you a better idea of what type and brand may suit your needs. I am fairly sure some posters will respond to your inquiry and may be able to give you some brands that they use to help avoid the kinking problem.

I don’t think there is any brand that totally avoids kinking, some are more resistant to it than other brands/types of hoses. What you may end up with is a compromise of price, kinking, and weight.

Hi @1amFreedom I posted above (March 2021) about a stainless steel hose. It is now 6 years old and has spent all that time in the sun in the grass attached to a rainwater tank pump and used every day. It is still doing good service. The plastic ends look fragile now, but the hose is fine, just a little duller. The stainless steel rings don’t allow it to bend sharply, which may be what stops it kinking.

I have another heavy duty hose with brass fittings (also mentioned above) which will kink if pulled incorrectly. I keep it laid out in long lazy loops in the shade. Rolling them in tight circles or on hose keepers, or twisting them this way & that and pulling will lead to kinking. Not everyone has a spare 5-10m to lay out the hose.

3 Likes