Gaming mice compared and tested

At the moment I’m using a Logitech Proteus 502 Gaming mouse . Great for first person shooters but does not quite deliver in the MMo field (massive online multiplayer ) . I read reviews where they pick the best gaming mouse product of 2016 and see that by the advertisements on the site they may not be altogether impartial . Would really appreciate if Choice could get some Razer , Logitech and TTe etc products and give us an unbiased assessment of them .

2 Likes

Thanks @vax2000, I’ll pass on the suggestion.

1 Like

Also please look at Roccat, Steelseries, MIONIX, Corsair and Cougar. And it would be good to see a comparison between Wireless, Bluetooth and Wired.

3 Likes

I use Tom’s Hardware for some mouse info on and off . Very interesting website . I really hope Choice picks up on this because as you mention in your post there are many really top brands out there . Roccat interest me a lot because they always seem to rate high on users lists . Must give one a try .

1 Like

I currently use a Roccat Kone Military. Very nice mouse for me but my Son in law prefers his Steelseries. Sometimes it is a particular hand feel that makes one mouse better than the other for an individual even within the same brand. There obviously are many different reasons and sometimes even the cheapy ones do the job required. But I do want reliability in day to day use (no skipping and such), a good lifespan (when you pay a lot you should get a lot :slight_smile: ) and the features I need to do my computing. I am sure you feel exactly the same @vax2000 and this is why I really like and support your suggestion.

1 Like

@grahroll I use theLogitech Prot 502 as I said but for a back up in some games use the Thermaltake Theron Optical . Not an expensive mouse but really feels nice in the hand . Strangely I tried a lot of Razers , Taipan, Death Adder and Nagga but none of them felt really comfortable to me . Must be hand size I guess . My all time favourite was the Logitech G9X .Sadly no longer available . I had a Thermaltake Lev 10 . designed by BMW , beautiful piece of kit but did not suit my small hands .

1 Like

I currently use the Razer Ouroboros, it is quite expensive at around $180 but feature packed. It is a wireless mouse running on a rechargeable battery and has a small recharging dock which also acts as the wireless receiver. The only time to date the battery has run out was just recently when the battery was on its way out (after more than 12 months). Whenever I am not using the mouse it is docked. However, as a backup feature should the battery die the USB cable for the wireless/recharge dock actually plugs into it with a mini USB so the cable can (if required) be plugged directly into the mouse to make it wired. The mouse comes with changeable magnetic side panels of different shape and texture and the heel pad can also be swapped out as well as being adjustable. DPI can also be changed on the fly and all buttons are configurable.
My previous mouse was a MadCatz R.A.T.9 wireless mouse. Also a fantastic mouse this had adjustable side panels and heel pad to get just the right shape and size for your hand as well as weights for those that prefer heavier mice. The one big issue with this mouse is do not buy it if you have pets in the house. The mouse has dual laser sensors which are very, very sensitive, particularly if there is any pet hair flying around. This was the reason I moved to the Razer.

1 Like