Freight charge scam

Australian freight service company Transdirect (www.transdirect.com.au) overcharged me $60 for sending a package from Brisbane to Perth. I have proven that they have overcharged me but they refuse to provide a refund. They seem to be relying on the fact that the overcharge amount is less than the cost of lodging a claim with the Magistrate Court ($55), so all I can do is warn people not to use this company. They claimed that my package was bigger than it was, despite me supplying extensive measurements and photographic proof they were wrong. I even offered to take the package to their local depot to get it remeasured, but they declined. I think they are either scared of the consequences of admitting their measuring procedure is not always right, or they are generating extra income by charging people more than they should. Is this a reportable scam? It’s a bit like the stories of companies adding a few cents to each bill - small enough not to notice or bother with, but massive extra income when done in bulk.

1 Like

You can always report it to your local Fair Trading. You would provide the full details. If you are lucky then if Fair Trading has received lots of complaints about this one company then Fair Trading may take the matter up.

It would be interesting to know how they overcharged you. Did you pay on collection, before collection or after collection by the courier? Was a quote given which ended up being different on payment?

It would be interesting to know how and when you knew you were overcharged.

4 Likes