Ford Motor Company of Australia Limited - Ford Mondeo MY2014-2019 Recall

A recall notice for Ford Mondeo MY2014-2019 supplied by Ford Motor Company of Australia Limited as battery acid may leak around the battery negative terminal. If copper sulphate builds up over time, this could provide a low-resistance conductive layer underneath the Battery Monitoring Sensor and may cause the surrounding material to heat up and ignite. This may occur when the vehicle is parked and unattended.

Ford Motor Company of Australia Limited - Ford Mondeo MY2014-2019

PRA No.

2019/17995

Date published

20 Dec 2019

Campaign number

19S33

Product description

Ford Mondeo
Model Years 2014-2019

7 828 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.pdf (966.66 KB)

What are the defects?

Battery acid may leak around the battery negative terminal. If copper sulphate builds up over time, this could provide a low-resistance conductive layer underneath the Battery Monitoring Sensor and may cause the surrounding material to heat up and ignite. This may occur when the vehicle is parked and unattended.

What are the hazards?

If the material surrounding the battery ignites, there is the risk of fire, which could result in injury.

What should consumers do?

Ford will contact owners of all affected vehicles to arrange for inspection and repair, free of charge.

For further information, consumers can find their nearest Ford Dealer at https://www.ford.com.au/dealership/?intcmp=vhp-return-lad or contact Ford’s Customer Relationship Centre on 1800 503 672.

Supplier

Ford Motor Company of Australia Limited

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Ford Dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 6 October 2014 - 6 September 2018

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development is the responsible regulator for this recall.

1 Like