CHOICE membership

Fitness tracker reviews

Here’s our free fitness tracker buying guide and our comparative fitness tracker review (member content) for those interested.

2 Likes

According to consumer electronics experts, fitness trackers are set to change in the not-too-distant future.

Read more:

2 Likes

We’ve updated our fitness trackers review (member content) with the latest devices.

2 Likes

We take a first look at the Fitbit Versa.

1 Like

It’s an interesting topic. I have used many fitness trackers, but so far none have appealed to me. And their accuracy is not the highest. I am very interested in smart sneakers, they are suitable for daily workouts, and for marathons.

One thing that I suggest may be missing from the comparison of fitness trackers and smart watches is the long term software support that the company provides. I have had one tracker in the past that received somewhat patchy support as the company changed hands/names, and my current sleep tracker seems to sometimes miss some of my sleep after an update before getting back on track - presumably with a further update.

Given the range of prices ($39 to $699) I expect long term support will similarly differ enormously. It would be nice to know whether the company behind the product has a reputation for looking after customers through ensuring its devices are kept alive and functional for a decent period.

1 Like