Festive ice cream flavors - Champions Challenge

Tis the season for whacky festive flavours.

Following up from the hot-cross bun flavoured ice cream, CHOICE has heard there will be more festive flavours aplenty this Christmas.

CHOICE is keen to see if you’ve spotted any festive ice cream flavours yet, if so please leave a comment below to help inform their research. In fact, if you see any wacky festive-themed flavours, add them into the mix.

The Challenge
Snap a picture or post a link of Christmas-themed ice cream into this thread. Bonus points for other foods using festive flavours.

The Reward
Receive the Food Champions Award badge for your profile. Top posters will be offered a chance to become a Food Champion and work with CHOICE on important food issues.

6 Likes

These are from the Coles Christmas range on-line (we don’t shop at Coles). The pictured ones are “new”

Coles Gingerbread Cone 4 pack Coles Gingerbread Cone 4 pack 480mL new product $ 5 .00

Coles Strawberry & Vanilla Flavoured Snowman Pops Ice Cream Sticks 4 Pack 240mL new product $ 5 .00

6 Likes

@zackarii Good find . Thanks for the input to the post .

3 Likes

6 Likes

Would a frozen custard cake qualify as an icecream cake?
Would not melt as quickly :wink:

From Woolworth’s at SouthLand just now.

5 Likes

What would Christmas be without the sickly sweet and calorie adding white Christmas. While it is a luxurious treat, in Australia is it often to warm at Christmas to really enjoy it.

Maybe there is an alternative version…white christmas icecream after those hot roasted lunches…and one to make oneself as only have seen it premade/retailed overseas…

https://www.womensweeklyfood.com.au/recipes/white-christmas-ice-cream-tree-2846

5 Likes

A photo of the 3 Coles Xmas ice “things” including the 2 that @zackarii posted above.

6 Likes

Not Icecream but still interesting flavours coming out:
First one is a Yoghurt the rest are Custards

6 Likes

Not an ice cream but a rather interesting substitute for a plum pudding.

I think I will actually try one.

5 Likes

Probably a great idea to take each possible Xmas menu item for a test run before the big day.

• How easy is to prepare (a trial bake or purchase),
  • Can it be prepared ahead of time (the keep test),
  • How much room does it require in the fridge (volume test),
  • How good does it look and smell (appeal test),
  • Is it still there the next day after the kids have had friends over (kids will eat anything sweet test),
  • Does it hold together for easy eating (the leave a mess on your clothes front test),
  • How does it taste when in the mouth and on the way down the gullet (the essential organic natural flavours test, the more organic the faster it slides down),
  • Will anyone likely choke on the size, shape, texture or odd flavour (not for kids or old granny with falsies red/green pickled onions test)
  • Is it best eaten alone, various excuses accepted (selfish indulgence test, it’s too good to share really!)
  • How many portions does it serve up (how far will I go test, Warning do not try this alone; at this point if it is a roast leg of pork you are assessing eating it alone and all in one sitting might not be that wise. Unless you have Gaulish ancestry and an unusual other first name ending in ‘…IX’! :rofl:

Remember to keep copious notes along the way as even small errors may require you to repeat the test program. I often loose count when carrying out our liquor chocolate taste test and need to repeat each at least once to be sure the count is correct.

Perhaps someone more knowledgeable and experienced could recommend the best way to pre Xmas test a tub of ice cream. Surely the quality at the top, in the middle, and at the bottom need to be the same. You would not want any guests to think their serve was different from the person sitting opposite now, would you?:wink:

4 Likes

Seen at our independent “warehouse” supermarket: - Golden North, Christmas Pudding Ice Cream 1.2 litre. A touch of Christmas Spirit : with real fruit pieces I was sorely tempted but got some plain vanilla 1 litre as we don’t normally have ice cream.

3 Likes

A long time favourite of mine - made in the same place for thousands of years :slight_smile: and thankfully not owned by Unilever (not yet anyway …)

4 Likes