Telstra - Feeling disconnected? - Difficulties in getting someone out to fix problems

Here are the salient lines from the ACMA FAQ page:

Is my phone company required to inform me about the Customer Service Guarantee?

Phone companies are required to provide information to customers about their obligations and the customer’s entitlements under the CSG Standard as soon as possible after connecting the customer to a CSG service. They must also provide this information to customers at least once every two years.

Where a phone company is aware that it has relied on, or is likely to rely on, an exemption from compliance with the CSG Standard in relation to connection or repair activities, it must inform the customer.

Can I waive my rights under the Customer Service Guarantee?

Provided certain safeguards are met, customers are able to waive their rights under the CSG Standard. This has been made possible to ensure that customers are not restricted in the choices they make. For example, your phone company may offer cheaper prices for a phone service if you are prepared to waive some or all of your rights to compensation under the CSG Standard.

What is an interim or alternative phone service?

An interim or alternative phone service is one that provides a customer with either a service for voice calls or access to a phone service.

An example of an interim service is a mobile phone service provided at standard phone rates to replace a standard phone service. An example of an alternative service is a call diversion service to a mobile phone or a second phone service.

Am I still eligible for a Customer Service Guarantee payment if I accept or refuse my phone company’s offer of an interim or alternative service?

The CSG Standard does not apply where your phone company makes you a reasonable offer to supply you with an interim or alternative service and you accept or refuse that service. However, the phone company must supply you with sufficient information about the functionality and terms and conditions of supply of the services on offer to enable you to make an informed decision.

4 Likes