Featured recalls - naming competition

Each week, we see a significant number of products recalled from Australian shelves due to faulty, dangerous or erroneous design or labelling. We keep track of these in our recalls category, and often share recalls across our other social media channels, especially when there is a strong detriment to consumers.

It’s a lot to try to keep up with, so we decided to enlist the help of a Recall Champion in an effort to provide a regular summary of important recalls that we could share in an attempt to inform consumers and prevent harm.

The only question remaining, what should we call this segment? Please add your suggestions below and earn the Total Recall badge, which can be displayed on your Community profile.

4 Likes

How about ‘Boomerangs’…may be apt as the a product goes out and then comes back (through a recall).

Edit…It could also be called ‘straight boomerangs’ which gives an impression of a product with a fault.

5 Likes

‘I-Recall!’ Tagged with, ‘Products you should no longer have in your home’. (Alt. Eye-Recall)

With a bit of marketing license the tag line might suggest, ‘products and defects that can kill everyone needs to know about!’.

To be more sensible and direct, most consumers should be committed enough to respond to a simple heading such as ‘Latest Recalls’ or ‘Recalls you may not know about’.

However if it was that simple news headlines and tag lines would be as simple as ‘News, blue car crashes!’, or ‘News, burglar arrested!’, or ‘Recalls, please read’.

5 Likes

The Takata Zone

and some filler

5 Likes

“Many unhappy returns”

6 Likes

:lemon: Lemon Juice :lemon:

6 Likes

Fulsome Fails

Rapacious Recalls

Recall Remedy

4 Likes

Surely it would have to be called the Arnolds or Arnies :wink:

5 Likes

3 Likes

I am still trying to work out whether you were referring to Arnie as the star in the Total Recall movie or whether you were inferring that dodgy recalled products will be back, just like Arnie in The Terminator movie.

In either case, it reminds me of a joke many years ago on a local radio station’s Worst Joke Wednesday skit when a listener called in regarding a Hollywood party where all the stars had to impersonate a famous composer of their choosing.

Bruce Willis said that he would be Chopin, Sylvester Stallone said that he would be Beethoven, Harrison Ford said that he would be Tchaikovsky, Kevin Costner said that he would be Mozart, and then Arnie suddenly started walking out of the room.

They called out to him “Where are you going: who are you going to be.”

Arnie replied “I’ll be Bach”.

2 Likes

Many Unhappy Returns.

1 Like

He does actually say it in Total Recall, as well as in his earlier movies!

3 Likes

How about “Return to sender”. Sorry i have no idea who the movie chsracter is.

5 Likes

Elvis for your suggestion.

3 Likes