Electricity Price Comparisons by SERVICE NSW website = UNRELIABLE INFO

my Electricity 12-month plan finished last month, so I decided to check online for comparisons…

this morning, I was on the SERVICE NSW website - https://energyswitch.service.nsw.gov.au/electricity-provider-and-price-comparison-results

they provided 3 recommendations-
… the first plan that they recommended was 'Energy Locals ’ quoting a daily rate of 47c excluding GST…

BUT, this rate does NOT include the Annual Membership fee of $155.88 minimum. - which almost DOUBLES the Daily Rate… (either $12.99 mnth or $17.99 month ($215.88 annual fee)…

I have LODGED a complaint with ‘Service NSW’ that they are providing “misleading information” … explaining to them that people that go to their website do so in the belief that they will get information that is - (a) unbiased … and (b) not misleading…

I would NOT recommend this Government comparison website to anyone because they-
(a) are NOT providing the information inclusive of GST-dollars; and…
(b) are obviously NOT checking the information that they are providing…

I understand that there are alot of DIFFERENT Plans out there -

BUT, there are people who may rely on this NSW Government website’s information – in the belief that the information is accurate, has been checked, includes any fees etc - BUT, it does not… …

4 Likes

Service NSW has NOT responded to my complaint…

1 Like

Have you written to your State Member about this? That might be a way to elicit a response once a member of the State Parliament gets involved. You could also inform Service NSW that you have contacted your State Member about the lack of response.