Electric shavers for women

I’ve been dragging my feet about getting a new ladies electric shaver (been using ladies disposable razors lately but find that those irritate my skin a lot) might as well take advantage of the sales and buy one now?
Only need to do light growth on underarms and legs, no face or bikini line.

Was wondering about:

• Rotary vs Foil shavers
  • Wet and Dry?
  • Under $100 price.

Any suggestions based on personal or on partner experience would be appreciated :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Try " The Shaver Shop " in Melbourne . They have a good range .

1 Like

The wife woman uses a Gillette three blade men’s foil shaver with replacable blades…

The rotary rip it out at the roots shavers irritated her lovely delicate skin mightily.

She has tried many foil shavers, both men’s and women’s, and the Gillette is the one that she prefers.

Another benefit is that the men’s foil blades are generally cheaper than the women’s blades.

PS Dry shaving with a blade is definitely NOT recommended unless the person has elephantine skin.

3 Likes

I stopped shaving my legs some 30 years ago and at last have hardly any leg hairs.
I wouldn’t advise anyone to shave their legs.
Underarms maybe as I’ve heard waxing is painful.

2 Likes

Hi @irakip. Thanks for replying.
I take it you do waxing?
I agree waxing leaves the skin very smooth and with regular use weakens growth, even if it is a bit painful :upside_down_face:
With me it’s not worth doing as I need once in while and little and sparse shaving :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I was going to ask why, but it seemed like such a dumb question for a bloke to ask with a very obvious answer. Reality is a little more interesting.

Beauty is not really in the eye of the beholder, but that of marketing genius. We’ve all been reprogrammed irrespective of gender bent to value less hair?

P.S.
I find a water proof battery beard trimmer the ideal weapon for longer hair. First pass. Just not whiskers. Some foil razors have/had one, but they were not very effective in my experience.

1 Like

I’ve gone back to disposable razors.