Electric Knives

My second Sunbeam ‘Carveasy’ Pro has now failed. It was well out of any warranty. The fault was exactly the same as the first one - the blades could not be unlocked to extract them. The electrics were fine. I din’t use it that often. Just to carve the Xmas ham and a very occasional loaf of bread. Has anyone else had this problem? Are there more reliable knives available. The Sunbeam Service Centre could not assist.

3 Likes

I have numerous other Sunbeam products and have never found their ‘service’ to be helpful beyond the obvious, then they recommend to take the product to their authorised repairer.

Yours seems a common problem judging from internet hits and suggests the design is not the best, to be polite.

I do not have nor have ever had one of these knives, but many electric knives hold the blades in with spring loaded catches. You could try spraying down the blades shaft and around the buttons with a generous dose of food grade silicon hoping to get the mechanism soaked, letting it stand a while, and trying to get the blades out then.

6 Likes

Thank you for that. All suggestions gratefully received. Are there any other brands that could be recommended?

1 Like