Editing Window

How has it flagged it…as I hasn’t seen it as a moderation type flag…or have you fixed yourself?

Not a flag flag, a ‘this has been edited’ flag. Apologies that was not clear.

2 Likes

Ditto, this morning.

2 Likes

I am having a problem in the editing window with the spell checker using Chrome running on Windows 10. It has two parts:

1. The wiggly underline on errors comes and goes seemingly at random.
  2. If I try to correct an error by right-clicking and selecting the recommended replacement the change doesn’t always take effect, that is the error stays as it was sometimes.

Does anybody have the same issue?

2 Likes

No, but a few months ago we were getting some words spelt correctly being underlined. Google has this on its website as a possible solution to spell checker issues and may be worth trying…

Please try the following steps one at a time to see if they help:

1. Clear the cache in Chrome.
  2. Try incognito mode.
  3. Try a different browser.

If the problem is resolved with either steps 2 or 3, you probably have a rogue extension in Chrome that is creating this problem. I suggest doing a Chrome browser reset (this will disable all your extensions, themes, content settings, etc. – it won’t remove them or delete any of your bookmarks, passwords, or data). You can then re-enable your extensions one at a time to find the culprit. It might be necessary to do this if apps or extensions you installed changed your settings without your knowledge.

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More Settings .
  3. At the bottom, click Show advanced settings .
  4. Under the section "Reset settings,” click Reset settings .
  5. In the box that appears, click Reset . ​

Another thought is see what type of spell check is done (Basic or Enhanced)…and try the other.

4 Likes

Also no since I use Firefox, but learnt that could be the mouse or mouse software as much as it can be the browser or browser/mouse interfaces. After checking the extentions per @phb’s post, the mico switches can go, usually the left as it gets more clicking. See if you have similar left click issues needing to do double or repetitive clicks in other apps. It might (or not) help if you uninstall the mouse in control panel device manager (after becoming aware how to reboot with no mouse active) and reboot to reinstall it.

3 Likes

It seems since the recent site update the ‘free’ editing window on a post may have reverted back to 5 minutes from the previous 10. Not that the 10 was always ‘the editing window to avoid the edit pen since the timer was sometimes unpredictable’, but an edit after 5 has consistently flagged posts as having been edited.

4 Likes

My edits are largely of the type where I click the button to post, then see an egregious error in what I wrote and so immediately go back to fix it.

4 Likes