Ecommerce Scam Sites

Has anyone purchased anything from an online store called NovaSenity? Am interested to hear your experiences. I visited their website at the direction of my daughter who’d seen a levitating globe for sale for US$79 - a suggestion for a gift for my grandson. I did some research and found that smaller versions were over $300 elsewhere. I noted that the page has no contact details - just a web form. The prices offered seem too good to be true and I was offered free postage (from US). I have decided not to buy from this store. I make no imputation here - it may well be perfectly legitimate, but this is a newly hatched website and I could find little information about NovaSenity.

3 Likes

I have not bought anything from them, and I never would. They seem to be a very small site, overseas, and no details about who they are, and sell an assortment of products.

Big red flag is the much lower price than others you may find on a Google search. What you see on the product picture is probably not what you would get sent.

And you will not be able to do anything about a refund, as it is overseas.

You want a levitating globe, check out the range on Amazon. You can at least trust them. Well I do having bought products from them at very good prices.

6 Likes

This checking site claims to scan sites for bona fides or lack thereof. The scarcity of information on Novesenity is the #1 red flag to avoid them.

In addition to a lack of contact information or location except form email, the other red flags are the currency selector reflecting the business may not be in the US (US companies rarely sell in other than $USD although there are exceptions), the lack of a T&C statement, the lack of information about origins for shipping, governing laws, and most anything else.

There are a few related topics on the Community found by various searches.

Novasenity is one to give a wide miss in my opinion.

5 Likes

The privacy policy has either been lifted from or indicates the website is a rebirth/offshoot of ‘creationg.com

If it is ‘creationg’, indications are they are an Asian business masquerading as a US business (first red flag).

The website registration is only relatively recent (second red flag) and there isn’t much information online such as reviews about it. No contact information is available and any correspondence is done through a webform (third red flag).

The last/fourth red flag is prices

Too good to be true usually means it is (not true).

I would be avoiding and shopping at a known and reputable retailer. If you proceed and if it is a rebirth/offshoot of ‘creationg’, you are unlikely to get what you paid for by information available online. If you pay by credit card, it is likely they will harvest this information.

‘creationg’ appears to be a sham business/website, and NovaSenity is likely to be the same.

5 Likes

It gets worse. Searching for the key phrases in their ‘About’ leads to in excess of 30 web sites that are selling goods online.

Yes cretiong.com is among those that says:

With the dream of “Bringing happy experiences and boosting high-quality lives”, we are in the leading position of the industry with outstanding customer satisfaction.

Either a marketdroid is selling the same copy to lots of people or one organisation is accepting the overhead of running many web sites competing with each other. Why would you do that and dilute your brand so?

Or there is a reason for the existence of multiple web sites other that actually selling goods.

I am going with other advice here - don’t touch, run, do not return.

4 Likes

Hopefully your daughter has not been drawn to the site, and you are able to share some of the wisdom from all the prior posts.

P.S.
Cool gift idea. @Gregr suggested there are other options for online purchase that are less risk. A popular product, I even found a levitating moon light on Myer’s on line shopping site. Not a Myer stock item, it’s supplied by a Myer Market Place partner. Not a recommendation for Myer, or the product.

1 Like

Thank you all for your replies. Yes, I had noted the red flags and, as I mentioned, decided not to buy from there. I am still interested to know if any community members have had (or know of) dealings with them. It would be beneficial if one were able to establish, with certainty, the legitimacy of the site and sound the alarm if needed.
My aim in posting was to try and do this toward saving others, including my rather impulsive daughter, from a potentially bitter experience.

4 Likes

In the absence of any discoverable track record but in the presence of a fairly large number of red flags, it supports the theory it is a dodgy ecommerce site but without evidence (of which there seems none either way) it cannot be authoritatively demonstrated with absolute certainty as you ask.

2 Likes

That is very difficult, part of the problem if wanting certainty is interpreting results.

If you try to buy from them and lose money it is possibly due to malice but an isolated incident might also be incompetence.

If you try to buy from them and have a good experience that does not mean necessarily they are honest, they may be waiting (for example) to collect a good number of personal details and bank details before doing a quick strike and disappearing, to resurface elsewhere perhaps.

Like many things in life we have to go with the main chance, and be wrong now and then, rather than wait for certainty.

2 Likes

A timely article about a consumer experience with scam web sites and how it goes.

I updated the topic to reflect Scam Sites in general. It appears NovaSenity misses all the tests that should provide confidence in trading with it and pending evidence to the contrary may be included in the new title.

1 Like

Run Forest, run!
If it seems too good to be true…?

I have not tried that one but got caught ordering a folding chair from a site occasionally advertising on facebook calling themselves ADJUM. Should have smelled a rat when they did not take Paypal at checkout who at least will refund if proved a scam and I have tested this. Visa debited but no email confirmation of order or further reply to query.
It seems Facebook is showing more scam ads than other sites so never buy with a card seems to be the rule.

1 Like

There are a lot about… I keep seeing facebook ads for cheap (like, ridiculously cheap) mobility scooters and “cars”… $59? $62? I don’t think so. I’ve seen that these vehicles exist, but not at that price (pity really).