Dr Espen event cancellation with no refund

Hi Mia! Just wondering how you ended up going with this and if the bank chargeback stayed in your account?
I’m in the same boat, I was signed up for the Sydney 3 day event last year when we went into lockdown and the event was cancelled and they offered a Zoom session instead, which I had no interesting. Been chasing a refund for over a year and still no luck. I’m going to be raising a complaint with Fair Trading QLD this arvo but curious to see if you got any traction.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Josh, please be mindful and encourage your partner to enjoy the 3 days but not getting dragged into any more courses. There will be and always has been a sales pitch at the end of the 3 days and the team is having some serious good strategies to encourage people to continue the journey.

1 Like

Couldn’t say it any better!

1 Like

Hi, Mia I hope you have been successful and got you money back! A bit about myself: I’ve been to one of Dr Espen’ events free events at a time when I was very vulnerable done the 3 day event and felt really great after. I then got quite invested and started working for the company getting rewarded in “Crew Credits” and was invited to travel to Bali for the retreat because Dr E apparently had great plans for me. Well to make a long story short the trip to Bali was not what I was hoping for and the minute Espen figured out I’m not a cash cow to make him more money the great plans where nothing but thin air. At that point I started to pay for coaching sessions. I did work on the last event held here in Perth and was scheduled in for the 3 day event that was canceled here in Perth and that was the last time anyone has been in contact with me and my emails been unanswered. The company is still holdings over $1000 I’ve paid for the coaching and another $900 in crew credits but so far all my attempts to retrieve the money failed. I did get the offer to use the money for the 3 day event but due to Covid couldn’t go to the east coast and wasn’t interested in a zoom event. Dr Espen is targeting the most vulnerable and is not really interested in anyones well-being and wealth but his own. There is a segment on a current affairs tonight which might be worse wile watching. As much as I enjoyed facilitating in the events and interaction with people I can only advise anyone to be very mindful when attending any of these events. I learned my lesson for sure and I really hope we can find a way for people to receive the valuable money back!

4 Likes

Hey I am also trying to get a refund from Dr. Espen. I went to a seminar 6 months ago and I only bought a ticket because they guaranteed that you could cancel if you decide that you want/need to cancel. That was on the Saturday. I called on the Monday and spoke to Sam who assured me the money would be in my account within a few days. It was not. It is also very hard to get onto someone. You have to leave a message, i.e. they gate it to screen out refunders, I am certain of it. They assure the money has been refunded. Later I request a confirmation of the refund. They send me the refund invoice for another person, another account. And this has been going backwards and forwards. They say that there is no evidence of a refund request. $2000 is not spare change and I am a single Mum trying to improve myself to grow my business. So it is totally hypocritical of their “mission”.

3 Likes

Exactly they are preying on the weak! I am so frustrated and people are time poor, who has time to sit on the computer and smash out complaints to fair trading, which actually, I do today, so Espen you want to appear on TV again?

I’m so sorry you went through this, I’ve been through a similar headache. Have been requesting a refund since august 2021, couldn’t get through to anybody to discuss and finally somebody called Paula replied to my email saying the Accounts team would let me know once processed. I followed up multiple times and nothing, until this Sam guy called me to let me know that Paula had been mistaken in advising me a refund would be processed, that they would not be able to process a refund because they have had “so many” refund requests like mine (surprised he admitted that to be honest), and I was welcome to join them for one of their online or QLD seminars if I wanted (I don’t). I have now forwarded this on to QLD Fair Trading who have said they will try to mediate with Espen, if not I will raise with the ACCC. It’s just unconscionable their dishonesty, unethical business practices and false promises. I really hope that everybody who has been stung by them finds the time to lodge a complaint with Fair Trading or any other ombudsman who could assist as they cannot continue to scam people who are just trying to improve their lives!

3 Likes

Hi all,

As an update I got the full amount back through my bank.
I also lodged complains with ACCC, Qld Fair Trade and the equivalent in WA where I live.
DR. Espen is a predator and I shudder every time I hear his name!

Go to your bank and see if they can help you.

4 Likes

Thanks so much for the update, and letting us know you came out whole. Hopefully others can get similarly refunded by following your example at their banks.

3 Likes

As this took so long to finalize the reversal, it seems clear that this organization is ready to fight for their ‘right’ to keep your money despite not delivering the paid for service.
They must have disputed the reversal with their merchant bank in every way they could until the matter was finalized in your favour.

1 Like

My apologies I haven’t been checking the thread lately. I received the money 30 days after lodging my complaint to the bank. Dr Espens bank tried to come up with an argument that my bank didn’t accept.

It’s worth doing EVERYTHING in your power to stop this guy (and others like him!). I spent probably 20 hours per week fighting him until I got my money back.

6 Likes