Do it yourself calendars

You don’t have to be. My phone is permanently set on DND (Do not disturb) so I never hear calls or messages and I check for those at times during the day when I am not otherwise occupied. My friends and rellies have become used to this little peculiarity of mine, given that I was first amongst them to get an iphone, back in 2007 when they werent even available in Australia. I love tech but I refuse to be contactable 24/7

My dad had the habit of only turning is mobile on to make a call. That way the battery lasted the week or longer. It however required us to be constantly connected for when he might choose to return our calls. :thinking:

But I don’t have to pay hundreds of dollars for the privilege.

1 Like

HAHAHAHA! My friends and rellies are more connected than I am, these days. I was once the leader into all that stuff (including facebook, alas) and now they wont shift off it all. Thank god they also like real life interactions!!

You wouldnt have to do that, either. There’s no compulsion to buy expensive phones :slight_smile: Plenty of cheap as chips, and also relatively dumb phones.

I make my own and have for years. I use Publisher for the calendar itself, but each year I put photographs of places we have been over the year. I also make them for friends with whom we travel.

1 Like