Dishwasher Tabs Getting Smaller

I recently went back to Earth Choice dishwasher tabs after a couple of years of using OEM Miele tabs. The first thing I noticed was the size difference with the Earth Choice looking quite smaller than the Miele. After a few washes, I started to notice dishes were not clean and food still remained on the plates. A second wash was required.

I tested this a few more times and the results were the same. I also noticed the tabs struggled with heavy loads with only light to medium loads coming out clean. To make sure it was the tabs at fault I tested the Miele as a direct comparison, with no problems detected.

The size difference was between 2/3 to 3/4 Earth Choice to Miele.

I will be testing some of the other well ranked tabs suggested by Choice to get a good clean for a reasonable price.

Has anyone else noticed the size change in this brand?

Peter

1 Like

Just an update here.

I found that if you have a very large and greasy load you can fit 2 of the smaller tablets into the dispenser and the additional detergent gives a satisfactory wash.

For most of my washes are only small to medium size, a single small tablet still works.

For additional information of those on solar power only ( no battery yet until I have these installed in April) I wash in the middle of the day during peak generation and this has zero electricity cost.

Peter

2 Likes

Given that only doubling the tablets gives an acceptable wash, although Earth Choice tablets have previously been given good marks in CHOICE reviews, this sounds very much like shrinkflation!

1 Like

It might be worth looking at the cost of this solution. It might be financially better buying two separate tablets, a larger one of a different brand for greasy loads, and the smaller Earth Choice tablet for lighter/less greasy loads.

Wow, I use half an Aldi Logix Complete 10-in-1 dishwasher tablet and it copes with every load I throw at it.