Diaries

Every year I go looking for 2 diaries A5 and A4 “Day to a Page”. I prefer bound rather than spiral and a hard(ish) cover.

I am finding it difficult to get a true Day to a Page - where Saturday is one page and Sunday is one page. I went to town and browsed cheap shops, newsagents, Lincraft - all had diaries “Day to a Page” but all had Sat/Sun sharing a page. On a farm, every day is the same, we don’t do half a day on weekends.

My best diaries are unbranded. Last year I couldn’t find what I wanted, so I ended up ordering from Booktopia, but had to compromise. Even their descriptions left me in the dark. I guess if the publisher has “Day to a Page” on the cover, wrapper, or inside title page, they assume that Sat/Sun have individual pages. I ended up with Debden Associate, but it has spiral binding, and with the amount of page turning and work, some pages are starting to pull out.

My gripe - why state “Day to a Page” when it isn’t. Anyone know a brand that suits my needs? I also would like a 2 page yearly planner (2 of them 1.daily rainfall, 2.stock numbers) and lined page for Notes & room for formulas, important numbers etc. Oh! And I would like A4 & A5 to be same colour. Why change a system that has been working for decades?

4 Likes

Have you looked for “any year” diaries like these?

Disclaimer: I offer the above as an example, because it was the first one I came across. I’m not promoting this particular product.

Edit: It looks like the Collins-Debden diaries include some that actually say they have full pages for Saturday and Sunday. Eg, see the “Kyoto” day-to-a-page diaries:

2 Likes

Officeworks has a number of options from the very cheap to expensive. You can order online and get them delivered if there isn’t one near you.

And A5 versions.

We source ours from them but use a week to two pages A5 version instead of day to a page.

3 Likes

I buy a day to a page diary every year. This years diary was a Sunbird Y-DA51C which I bought at a newsagent. The one I purchased recently ready for 2024, is a Collins 181 Kingsgrove Diary, which is a very well-known brand. It’s a hardback and cost me $11.99. These are also normally at newsagents. The larger newsagents generally have a full range of diaries. In any case, you should be able to buy this online. Good luck.

1 Like

Sorry Zackarii, in my earlier reply, I had meant to add that the diaries I have mentioned do have a full page for Saturday & Sunday!! (There are many others that do so as well.) Cheers.