Derila Pillows - issues with orders and need to return products to Lithuania

Ausica/Derila - master of the shell game.
I ordered 2 pillows and they say I also ordered another four. 4 pillows I did not order - are worth $165

I thought I had organised a Return. BUT, when they say ‘return to sender’ it is not at Wetherill Park or Ausica / Derila, where it was sent from in Australia, but to another country - Lithuania.

I am now stuck with the cost of sending that parcel to Europe to a company I have NEVER dealt with. - Logismart, Galines g. 1, 13-14 Galine. LT-14247 Vilniaus r. Lithuania.

Can they do this to Australin citizens who buy products from a company in Australia but cannot return them to the sender in Australia.

7 Likes

The issue raised re

Deserves either a topic of its own or the feedback adding to an existing topic with similar concerns.

In particular the concern of returns to an OS location when the business promotes fast shipping and delivery out of an Australian location.

A second concern is whether one actually ordered the extra product supplied or it’s an error in their system. How that has occurred providing it was not by the customer - the problem and any cost belongs with Ausica/Derila.

Assume they have not charged you for the extra delivered goods?

Derila has a number of complaints recorded by Product Review. Very different to the Derila product web page which appears to be offering a product that is too good to be ….
Note the page at the very top displays a small Aussie flag and mentions “Deliver to Australia”. A common sign the business and web service has an international location.

*Note: *
A new topic has been created to discuss consumer issues specific to Derila supplied products ordered from their international web page. I t appears products are dispatched from an Australian address.

2 Likes

Derila scam - shell game between Australia and Lithuania

I ordered 2 pillows - and, like many others have experienced, they arrived along with 4 pillows I did not order and a charge for an extra $186. I went through the process of trying to return the pillows (package unopened) to the Australian business I dealt with. I will have to pay approximately $100 to send them to a business I have never dealt with in another country. Then I know they have a series of extra charges they invent. It turns out I will get no refund or maybe a few cents. Where is the ACCC? I will prepare a case for them but they are asleep at the wheel. It also looks like PayPal has no interest in the matter. Australian consumers are definitely at the mercy of this company which plays shell games to trick Australians out of their money between Derila Australia, Ausica, and Logismart, Galinės g. 1, 13-14 rampa, Galinė LT-14247 Vilniaus r. Lithuania. This organisation requires Federal Police investigation. It is a Lithuanian scam affecting Australians all under cover of two front companies - Derila and Ausica. Too many Australian Derila customers are reporting being scammed in the same way or a variant of it. Derila replies to concerns and complaints with diversionary Public Relations pap, such as ‘We will Try to assist you … Yada Yada’. It is all self-protecting lies from start to finish.

4 Likes

Unfortunately this is where you are mistaken. Information on their website states they are

Convenity, UAB is a direct to consumer retail company

which is a Lithuanian based company.

While the website has the Australian flag, other key states such as ‘Deliver to Australia’ also are signals they aren’t Australian based. Likewise the T&Cs.

All I can say is unfortunately you have been scammed. Sending unwanted products and charging for them is a known scam. They do this to ensure credit card chargebacks are unsuccessful… when a chargeback occurs, they provide evidence that they were ordered and customer received what was ordered. Thus the customer is mistaken. Hence the scam.

The Australian Federal Police nor ACCC will take action as Lithuania sits outside their jurisdiction.

On a positive note, your post and information hopefully will prevent others being scammed as anyone doing a simple internet search for Derila should come across the above.

2 Likes

I wonder how this works assuming the order was processed in Australia and dispatched from an Australian warehouse?

Did your order include payment of gst and was an ABN indicated on the invoice?
To which entity was your CC debited - Australian business or OS?

1 Like

In which instance would we also suggest the CC service provider is complicit? Since it has been happy to process the payment to a business which appears to perpetrate a SCAM. Do they have no shame! :wink:

Perhaps I’m wrong, but the actions of CC providers here seem as noteworthy as those of the Financial Planning services offered by the big banks. All to their own ends and subsequently called out in the recent Royal Commission.

1 Like

No, during chargebacks decisions are made based in information provided. Unfortunately criminals have no conscious in creating sham information.

I understand from our own merchant banker that they monitor chargebacks and can terminate POS merchant agreements if fraudulent transactions are occurring. Just hope if enough chargebacks are attempted, a pattern emerges and their POS merchant investigates them. But, while one door closes, they will open another through creating another business.

Surely you did not pay by card, most reliable companies take Paypal. When you make a sale using them they email you details of the sale and the amount so you can react immediately. Otherwise check the amount debited to your card a/c and seek a cancellation if wrong.

Most cards do likewise, direct to their apps or email or texts, bank dependent IF YOU SET your account to do that. As other posts in other topics indicate paypal guarantees are not what they used to be. It is worth reading every one of their updates as they evolve.

For example every pending charge to my Westpac card, Westpac notifies me in seconds including the business name and amount.

1 Like

Thanks for the response.
The problem here is that we have a case of criminals tagging a genuine PayPal transaction with an instant unauthorised purchase on the same account. Many others have had the same experience EXACTLY. ACCC have a site for unsolicited transactions. It means almost nothing. The ACCC have no intention of assisting Australians unless a Politician sees mileage in it. Sorry, I may seem a little cynical, but the Federal Police need to stop these criminals from ripping off Australians. The ACCC need to get onto the issue of unsolicited transactions. PayPal must refuse any further transactions with Ausica or Derila. Finally, how does Lithuanian criminal operation set up in plain daylight in this country and it runs and runs without check?

Welcome to the internet and risks of online shopping.

Unfortunately unless the Australian government puts up a Australian firewall that blocks all overseas purchases, it can’t be stopped. Even if they did this, it won’t stop domestic scammers or hacked local businesses being used for criminal purposes.

It is important to look closely at any unknown sellers to ensure they are genuine and are who they say they are.

Unfortunately it won’t help you with being scammed by this business, but there were red flags on their website which suggests they are one to possibly avoid.

I escalated the issue to PayPal and I am happy to report that Ausica/Derila have refunded the cost of the unsolicited transaction.

Transaction amount
$165.00 AUD

Disputed amount
$165.00 AUD

Transaction date
27 February 2024

Seller name
Ausica UAB

Happy Outcome.

I think it is a strong endorsement of the efficacy of using PayPal for online transactions. Just don’t ever, never use your own credit card.

Kudos to PayPal and thanks to Ausica for finally doing the right thing for an 82 year old Australian pensioner.

6 Likes

I was going to ask… do you still have the original order confirmation email? That should show that you only ever ordered the two pillows, not the total of six they sent you. This would be good to have to show as evidence, incase the company tried to claim that you DID order six pillow. I tend to keep the order email confirmations until the goods arrive.

1 Like

Yes we were caught as well. My wife ordered one pillow and one each of pillow case (no chance to review order) and their system changed to 4 of each. Only seen when CC charged $321 via PAYPAL
Many Emails to cancel … not possible as already shipped ?? … refund possible by returning goods to Lithuania !!! … Now silence while I report this on as many sites as possible. This site/company is dangerous.

3 Likes

Welcome @TassieDevil

As per @AussieRagdoll prior post, did you receive a confirmation of order email immediately following the order? If so which dollar value and items did it list.

If only we all had perfect hindsight.

I’m not a regular online shopper, however I’ve learnt from experience with OS sites what you see is not necessarily what is billed or on the order confirmation. Hence the norm is to use a screen capture to record the second last step and final screen of any order. I also look for an option to review the order or print the order from the final payment screen before hitting the confirmation button or link.

If they are absent one should be extra careful. I’ve experienced minor issues with exchange rates, taxes and commissions. I’ve also found issues with dates selected for travel related bookings not carrying through as expected. Not necessarily a scam. Differences in the regular formats used across the planet the most recent near miss.

3 Likes

On checking Product Review’s website:

there are hundreds of bad reviews-with exactly the same issues-orders being changed from 1 item to 4, and not having a confirmation screen.

Community posters are in no way alone in this in any regard…

5 Likes

Thanks for the welcome.
My wife just requested one of each … their system changed that to 4 of each and jumped to payment via PAYPAL without any chance of order review. That means, of course, that they can show an order for 4 and it was a customer error … so not their problem.
Many emails try to fob you off with more discounts, other goods or donation to Ukraine (!)
I am at present reporting this to NAB CC card, PAYPAL, ACCC, TrustPilot, Product Review, Choice etc etc
By trawling Internet I have found their ABN number and the location there is given as the postcode for their office in Lithuania … surely that is illegal under Australian Law and they must have an Aus Office?
I tracked down the company in Lithuania which has just one employee … so is just a front for the operation and a way of puting you off returning the goods.

1 Like

@TassieDevil, welcome to the community.

It will be interesting if their ABN is legitimate. A simple search can be done here:

to see if the ABN you have exists and matches one of the trading names they use…Derila, UAB and Logismart.

No, ABNs are for enterprises which operate in Australia. They don’t need to reside in Australia…

4 Likes

Hi Thanks for that.
The search shows that they are registered as Ausica UAB (Wetherill Park Sydney … just shipping agent ?) (UAB indicates LTD company in Lithuania)
They specify the ABN “location” with a postcode which is for the Company … CONVENITY UAB … (I though CON in the title was poetic !!) in Lithuanua. which is where they suggest you return the goods for refund !! Goods are made in PRC
When I look up that company in Lithuania they have few assets and only one employee !!
I hold out no hope of getting any money back but if I can stop another victim !!!

3 Likes