Daimler Truck and Bus Australia Pacific Pty Ltd - Mercedes-Benz Econic Truck MY2017-2020 Recall

A recall notice for Mercedes-Benz Econic Truck MY2017-2020 supplied by Daimler Truck and Bus Australia Pacific Pty Ltd as the ground line from the engine control unit is routed too tightly and may cause the cable lug to break. If the cable lug on the ground line breaks, the engine control unit no longer has a ground connection.

Daimler Truck and Bus Australia Pacific Pty Ltd - Mercedes-Benz Econic Truck MY2017-2020

PRA No.

2020/18718

Date published

23 Dec 2020

Campaign number

RC3199

Product description

Mercedes-Benz Econic model truck
Model Years 2017-2020

264 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (22.38 KB)

What are the defects?

The ground line from the engine control unit is routed too tightly and may cause the cable lug to break. If the cable lug on the ground line breaks, the engine control unit no longer has a ground connection.

What are the hazards?

If the lug on the ground line breaks the engine will shut off and will not be able to restart, increasing the risk of an accident causing injury or death to vehicle occupants and/or other road users.

What should consumers do?

Owners are asked to contact any Authorised Mercedes-Benz Commercial Vehicle Dealership who will inspect the routing of the wiring harness to ensure it is free of tension and adjusting the routing if necessary and to retighten the screw with the correct torque.

A complete list of authorised dealerships can be found by using the link at www.mercedes-benz.com.au/trucks

Supplier

Daimler Truck and Bus Australia Pacific Pty Ltd

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 27 January 2017 - 18 January 2021

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.