Daimler Truck and Bus Australia Pacific Pty Ltd - Mercedes-Benz Buses Models OC500LE and OC500RF MY2020 Recall

A recall notice for Mercedes-Benz Buses Models OC500LE and OC500RF MY2020 supplied by Daimler Truck and Bus Australia Pacific Pty Ltd as the shim plate installed between the spring support and plastic roller piston may have deformed during manufacturing. Due to the deformation, the plastic roller piston’s threaded connection may detach, causing the vehicle to lean to one side. In addition, if the rear axle of the vehicle suffers a significant impact, rear suspension components may detach from the vehicle.

Daimler Truck and Bus Australia Pacific Pty Ltd - Mercedes-Benz Buses Models OC500LE and OC500RF MY2020

PRA No.

2020/18717

Date published

18 Jan 2021

Campaign number

RC3191

Product description

Mercedes-Benz Buses Models OC500LE and OC500RF
Model Year 2020

107 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (20.01 KB)

What are the defects?

The shim plate installed between the spring support and plastic roller piston may have deformed during manufacturing. Due to the deformation, the plastic roller piston’s threaded connection may detach, causing the vehicle to lean to one side. In addition, if the rear axle of the vehicle suffers a significant impact, rear suspension components may detach from the vehicle.

What are the hazards?

Components detaching from the vehicle may cause a hazard to other road users, increasing the likelihood of an accident that could result in the injury or death of vehicle occupants and/or other road users.

What should consumers do?

Owners are asked to contact any Authorised Mercedes-Benz Commercial Vehicle Dealer, who will replace the shim plates with a stronger version, free of charge.

Owners should phone 1800 033 557 for the contact details of an authorised Mercedes-Benz Commercial Vehicle Dealership.

Supplier

Daimler Truck and Bus Australia Pacific Pty Ltd

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 14 October 2019 - 31 December 2020

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.