Daimler Truck and Bus Australia Pacific Pty Ltd - Mercedes-Benz Actros and Arocs Trucks MY2019-2020 Recall

A recall notice for Mercedes-Benz Actros and Arocs Trucks MY2019-2020 supplied by Daimler Truck and Bus Australia Pacific Pty Ltd as if the vehicle is started via a jump-start facility and not the start/stop switch, the vehicle may be automatically switched off while driving.

Daimler Truck and Bus Australia Pacific Pty Ltd - Mercedes-Benz Actros and Arocs Trucks MY2019-2020

PRA No.

2020/18171

Date published

1 Apr 2020

Campaign number

RC3157

Product description

Mercedes-Benz Actros and Arocs Trucks
Model Years 2019-2020

94 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN list.xlsx (20.92 KB)

What are the defects?

If the vehicle is started via a jump-start facility and not the start/stop switch, the vehicle may be automatically switched off while driving.

What are the hazards?

If the ignition switches off automatically while driving, this can increase the risk of an accident and/or injury to the driver, vehicle occupants and/or other road users.

What should consumers do?

Owners are requested to arrange a mutually convenient time with any authorised Daimler Truck and Bus dealership to have the switch-off time in the electronic ignition system control unit parameter changed from 30 minutes to the maximum allowable time of 42.5 hours.

A complete list of authorised dealerships can be found at https://www.mercedes-benz-trucks.com/en_AU/home.html

Supplier

Daimler Truck and Bus Australia Pacific Pty Ltd

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 17 April 2019 - 11 February 2020

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development is the responsible regulator for this recall.