Daimler Truck and Bus Australia Pacific Pty Ltd - Freightliner Coronado and Argosy Trucks MY2016 Recall

A recall notice for Freightliner Coronado and Argosy Trucks MY2016 supplied by Daimler Truck and Bus Australia Pacific Pty Ltd as fuel may leak from the engine’s high pressure fuel rail feed lines.

Daimler Truck and Bus Australia Pacific Pty Ltd - Freightliner Coronado and Argosy Trucks MY2016

PRA No.

2019/17954

Date published

14 Nov 2019

Campaign number

RC3151-D19R5B

Product description

Freightliner Coronado and Argosy Trucks equipped with a DD15TC engine
Model Year 2016

2 547 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (57.94 KB)

What are the defects?

Fuel may leak from the engine’s high pressure fuel rail feed lines.

What are the hazards?

If a fuel leak occurs, this may cause a subsequent engine fire, which could result in serious injury to vehicle occupants and other road users.

What should consumers do?

Owners will be contacted shortly with a letter and a list of Authorised Freightliner/Detroit Diesel Dealerships will be provided. Refer to the Traders list in this notice for Authorised Freightliner/Detroit Diesel Dealerships.

Please make contact with any of these Authorised Dealers and arrange a time to have the two high pressure fuel rail feed lines and supporting hardware replaced, free of charge.

Supplier

Daimler Truck and Bus Australia Pacific Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Freightliner/Detroit Diesel Dealerships

List of traders who sold this product

Traders list.xlsx

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 3 June 2010 - 31 December 2016

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development is the responsible regulator for this recall.

3 Likes