Daimler Truck and Bus Australia Pacific Pty Ltd - Freightliner Argosy and Century Class (FL/B112) Trucks MY1999-2000 Recall

A recall notice for Freightliner Argosy and Century Class (FL/B112) Trucks MY1999-2000 supplied by Daimler Truck and Bus Australia Pacific Pty Ltd as Fuel may leak from the pressure fuel line.

Daimler Truck and Bus Australia Pacific Pty Ltd - Freightliner Argosy and Century Class (FL/B112) Trucks MY1999-2000

PRA No.

2020/18454

Date published

7 Oct 2020

Campaign number

RC3139-D03C2

Product description

Freightliner Argosy and Century Class (FL/B112) trucks fitted with Series 60 Engines
Model Years 1999-2000

56 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (19.76 KB)

What are the defects?

Fuel may leak from the pressure fuel line.

What are the hazards?

A fuel leak may result in the vehicle stalling or a possible engine fire, increasing the risk of an accident and injury or death to vehicle occupants and other road users.

What should consumers do?

Owners are requested to contact any Authorised Detroit Diesel Dealership, who will replace the pressure fuel line, free of charge.

A complete list of authorised dealerships can be found at https://www.penskeps.com/branch-location

Supplier

Daimler Truck and Bus Australia Pacific Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Freightliner dealerships

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 1 August 1999 - 31 December 2000

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.