Cryptocurrency Scam followed by Calls for NEW SCAMS

The initial Crypto scams x 2 occurred, 1 x 2017, like most, as soon as l did it…… lucky only got AUS $300.00, but l was so upset with self. Then not realising a friend’s F/B hacked, l acted upon his advice, as known & trusted, all my life & like many, many others & l feel incredibly stupid, writing & sharing, especially, with it occurring x 1 already. However, Scams are like a virus/illness, they don’t discriminate & again, l was lucky, only, $350.00. Don’t get me wrong, l was , as mad as hell & those amounts, are a lot to me & monies l couldn’t afford, to just, have disappear. Although, as we’ve seen, people have lost, a lot, lot more $$$ than l.l took appropriate action, remained in contact(with gritted teeth) to obtain as much info & seek e-mail contact to pass on, in trying, to assist, not only in their down fall, but, decrease their ability to do same to others.

Since the above occurred, l have repeatedly been contacted, obviously by a differing, “no of Companies” some fake at first, then legit, knowing all along SCAMS & only’ “Subject Matter” changes, now upto, Crypto Wallet Scam (want u to d/l easy app & open a wallet) l won’t hear from them for a while, then, just relentless, plus, ROBO CALLS (have reasons why l can’t/don’t enable don’t answer unidentified numbers) & your probably thinking, just change your phone number!!! But, it’s a huge undertaking, was stubborn & thought, why should l have to & so instead of me, playing along with them, obtaining any/all details, making excuses why l couldn’t talk/download etc then calling them out & getting upset, as they call you at 7-8p.m. + during day, but not when yourv’e organised, to try & catch you off guard & be compliant etc & in past l’d call them out, eventually & would give them some good ideas what they could do with the money, that l apparently had made​:rofl::rofl::rofl:

This time, l seriously was going to change my number & delete the e-mail addy they still had. However, due to being, seriously ill now, more than in previous years, since calls/emails commenced. I became even worse, due to the stress, of them just ringing & letting them get to me. So, l couldn’t change my number, at that time, earlier this year. Even though you report/block numbers & yes, even London international numbers & if ROBO CALLS & you don’t answer, it goes to v/mail, so it verifies to them that your number is still viable, so it remains in their system.

Well, calls commenced again, the last month & l answer every one, as you can tell, (if some of you don’t know) that it’s them!!! I am as polite as l am in life & did what l did in past, except, l ended it, much quicker, telling them, “You know it’s a scam, l know it’s a scam & your welcome to call 20-30 times a day, but your efforts will be futile, it’s a crypto wallet scam & their are so many reasons/indicators that confirm it’s nothing but a scam & l can assure you, l will not today, tomorrow or any day in the future, ever download an app, because you or someone else instructs or tells me l need to” l repeated this to each Scammer call, l got that week, which wasn’t many (5 or less, as their all from same place) one guy, the last to call, asked, as did others, “tell me why, you think it’s a scam?” to which l replied, “there are so many reasons/indicators & ways that tell me & verify that this is a scam & you & your cohorts are Scammers, that, their is no-way, l’m telling you” & with that, l could hear his voice crack & he said, “Don’t you want your money?” & l giggled & said, “oh mate, that’s the thing, though isn’t it?, there isn’t any money, when ya’s offered to refund me the monies l initially paid, it was 2 x yrs later, the monies ya said l’d made on investments, but had to pay ?% to get those apparent monies & now that companies liquidated & your trying to return those investment monies, if l’d just listen to ya’s & download this Easy app & just open a Wallet for ya’s, to return those monies, l said, those monies don’t exist, they never have & never will & l will never open an App or Wallet, ever, we can do this dance everyday & anytime of the time of the day, but l assure you, those monies you got from me, will be the only monies you ever get from & those monies were the only monies that ever existed.” With that, he lost it & l won’t repeat what was said, but l can assure you, it wasn’t very intelligent & HE HUNG UP!!!

I had 3 x calls after that, the next day & l knew each was from them, so l pleasantly answered, as 7a.m., 7 & 8 p.m. & l haven’t heard from them since :crossed_fingers:but this time, l really believe that, l’m not going to hear from them again. As, l maybe wrong, but theirv’e tried pretending their from different companies, when they start calling & to me theirv’e run out of scenario’s & also, the fact that, this time l answered every call pleasantly, regardless of time & couldn’t upset me & they broke, this time & even though, it’s been a stressful period (understatement due to illness, effects of medication played a big part, in it occurring at all) still l didn’t do my due diligence & l owed that to myself.

The reason l wrote this & l digress, sorry, (but if it helps someone) these HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE WASTES OF GODS GOOD OXYGEN (SCAMMERS & I DON’T CARE WHAT THEIR SITUATION IS, IF LIVE IN POOREST PART OF INDIA & THIS JOB PAYS ALOT COMPARED TO OTHER JOB & JUST ENUF FOR ROOF OVER HEAD & FOOD IN BELLY OR NOT!!! AT THE AGE OF 8 yo, I RAN AWAY FOR 10 x DAYS UNTIL SPOTTED (in our country town, in culvert) I GAVE MY MUM AN ULTIMATUM, @ 13yo l’D SNEAK & GO TO COURTHOUSE TO LEARN HOW I COULD LEAVE HOME SUCCESSFULLY & NOT BE MADE TO GO BACK @ 14 yo LEFT, GOT A FLAT & HAD ALOT OF DAYS $1 A DAY ? EAT OR BUS TO SCHOOL(distance in windy/rainy winter, bus won, so books didn’t get ruined or catch cold, couldn’t miss school & ensure great grades or have to return, as no C/link (living away from home allowance etc)then, worked 2 x jobs since 10yo & paying for uniform & books, now x3, to pay for flat, mattress on floor 1 x plate etc, but SAFE, School & Sport, finished H/school, Trained 2 x same types of Professional Career & went to College full-time & worked Professionally full-time, 12hr shifts, 2 x on, 2 x off, more on & had w/end p/time work if not @ f/time job. Housemates would be cooking & l’d have no food. But SAFE & ROOF OVER HEAD. So am not unsympathetic, BUT YOU HAVE A CHOICE. I became an adult & never occurred to me, ever to go to her for a meal. SO I HAVE ZERO TOLERANCE FOR THEM & WHAT THEY CHOOSE TO DO. BUT AM PERPLEXED @ HOW EASY IT SEEMS TO BE FOR THEM!!! SERIOUSLY, ARE MY EXPECTATIONS, FOR OUR COMPANIES & GOVERNMENTS RESPONSIBILITY/ACCOUNTABILITY/RESTING ON LAURELS & NOT BEING PRO-ACTIVE. IT SEEMS LIKE SO MUCH RESTS ON OUR SHOULDERS & IF A COMPANY, WELL EVERY COMPANY THAT HAS YOUR INFO, YOU DON’T EVEN HAVE A 50/50% CHANCE OF YOUR DATA BEING SAFE, IT ‘S MORE LIKE, NOT IF, BUT WHEN??? 15 types of hackers, all referred to as a color of had, denoting risk & skillllevel, most bad, ones, we, deal with, ride on the coat tails of others, then theirs the higher calibre of Company Personal Data Hacker (mid range) Optus etc, so seriously, what chance do we stand.

These individuals, know exactly what they’re doing & that it’s WRONG!!!

I digress, again, my query is, if anyone can help me understand??? IS HOW ARE OR CAN WE STOP THESE SCAMMERS, WHEN THEY RING FROM MOBILE NUMBERS, THAT STATE, THEIR CALLING FROM A PARTICULAR SUBURB OR TOWN & THEN IT SAYS BESIDE THAT INFO, SAY FOR EXAMPLE: MOBILE NUMBER, UNDERNEATH, WILL STATE, CARINDALE, BRISBANE OR QLD OR IT WILL HAVE THE AREA CODE OF SAY VICTORIA, SO, 03 & NUMBER, THEN UNDERNEATH, WILL STATE BUNDABERG, QUEENSLAND OR AUSTRALIA & ON A MOBILE PHONE THIS NEVER COMES UP ON ANY OTHER NORMAL CALL, SO YOU KNOW IT’S SCAMMERS & if & everytime you call back the numbers been DISCONNECTED ASAP, BUT THEY KNOW YOURV’E RUNG IT, SO YOU GET A CALL, GENERALLY STRAIGHT BACK, BUT FROM A DIFFERENT NUMBER!!!

Like, they are & would be absolutely burning through numbers, so how can the Government not stop this??? I get it’s like a burn phone, concept, once rung, rarely used again, l got same number, maybe, 4 x times = 2 x calls a piece. Surely, there has to be some type of indication, burning through so many numbers, l’m one person & you should see how many blocked numbers l have, all relating to them. I understand encryption etc, but surely, reporting all the numbers just relating to you? Has to point somewhere, l have not received any information by reporting these & l’m not greatly digitally gifted, but l understand logic & common sense & there has to be a way??? That our, brightest of the bright in Cyber Security can/are undertaking/implementing following up this continual/obvious worthwhile point of contact for these SCUMBAGS. I’m aware, we’re always playing catch up to these B’TARDS & WE ALL HAVE OUR PART & THAT’S TO BE FOREVER VIGILANTE, REGARDLESS, OF WHATS GOING ON IN OUR LIVES, BASICALLY AT EVERY MOMENT, BECAUSE IT ONLY TAKES A MOMENT. I lost nothing compared to many, many others, but it has a physical & mental impact & once that trust is broken, it’s not only stressful, but can be so impactful, it can & may damage people’s ability to trust, breakdown r’ships, families & WE DESERVE BETTER & WE NEED TO BE BETTER. TO START WITH AUSTRALIAN BANKS COUGHING UP LIKE UK BANKS ESPECIALLY WITH THEIR YEARLY PROFIT MARGINS & LACK OF ACCOUNTABILITY IN HOW THESE FAKE ACCOUNTS ARE OPENED & DRAIN REAL ACCOUNTS WITH NO ACTION WHEN SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY & ACCOUNTS DRAINING WITHIN MINUTES & EVEN IN REAL TIME AS IT’S HAPPENING & PERSON ON THE PHONE WITH THEM, REPLYING, “NOTHING, I/WE CAN DO TO STOP IT!!!” CAN YOU ADVISE ME OF ANY INFO PLEASE???

1 Like

That isn’t how it works. None of the numbers are real, they are all faked, the sender can fake as many as they like. Trying to block them is a complete waste of time as they just invent another.

Your post is rather long and not easy to read. May I suggest that you don’t use all caps as it makes it harder to read, it is like shouting, people tire of it very quickly.

5 Likes

This is a thread in the community which discusses caller id spoofing:

Any phone number can be spoofed, and scammers have become even cleverer by spoofing business numbers in text messages, so that they look like they have been sent by the business and appear in the text message thread on one’s phone.

2 Likes

I was really thrown by your last comments, quite rattled, actually. As l started to get msg’s last year from a mob number, l rang local boutique of Company & she verified that, that particular mobile was legit. However, l was right, in being cautious & not clicking on any of the other mobile no msg’s claiming to be said, boutique. So l only respond to the named emails etc. However, if they can hop on threads from real company’s, seriously how are we meant to protect ourselves??? The thing l’ve done, as l buy online a lot, is l use a Debit/Credit Card & only put so much money in it, & ensure l’m connected to actual sight & either pay in one sum or better still pay with Afterpay & as l don’t pay a payment for 2 x weeks but receive confirmation, from both the store & Afterpay, l know ASAP that LEGIT. I SERIOUSLY THINK THAT PEOPLE NEED TO NOT USE CREDIT CARDS FOR ONLINE SHOPPING OF ANY KIND!!! Does anyone else have any ideas on thread attacks & SHOULDN’T THE AFP -CYBER SECURITY, GOVERNMENT & BANKING BE BETTER AT PROTECTING US???

How will they buy online then?

It’s still a Visa Card but instead of it being a Credit Card, it’s a Bisa Debit Card, so the money has to already be in the bank account. You can control how much you put into this account depending on what you want to spend & just say, you for example, did unfortunately, accidentally, brought off, a site not verified, they can’t, take out anymore money, so they loose interest, in these cards as if you use Credit Cards. & have $10k credit & use $100 if they get this cards details your left owing bank $10k & those are the accounts their after