COVID-19 Poor business behaviour

Not good, are you able to use another food delivery service?

We will definitely be exploring our options. Hello Fresh use the same delivery service so I am not sure they will be any better. The most annoying part is the lack of communication.

Border Force to add seized supplies to the national stockpile.

And price gougers selling items for over 120% markups will have their stocks seized.

Great stuff.

2 Likes

…and dody as well as counterfeit PPE are starting to hit our shores.

1 Like

Love it. Long overdue. Who can we report the price gauges to?

1 Like

As per previous responses, you can name and shame them but price gouging is not illegal in Australia. In spite of Peter Dutton advising to ring Crime Stoppers there is no law being broken, so it would just clog those lines.

@Fred123’s article explains his reference. The government is targeting individuals and not businesses, with a temporary rule.

While the rule is in place people can’t sell such items for more than 120 per cent of the price they were bought for.

The measure doesn’t apply to manufacturers or legitimate business activities.

If you see an individual gouging Mr. Hunt made it clear you could […] clear? Maybe Crime Stoppers, but first check the rule and be sure you are not reporting a manufacturer or legitimate business. I’m wondering what the difference is between a legitimate business that imports dodgy things and sells them cheap, compared to an individual who brings in or acquires honest, scarce merchandise and resells it at a 125% markup. It will be interesting if and how they proceed, and what agencies ‘own’ enforcement and prosecution, and especially the glossary that define the terms…

4 Likes

I went into Woolworths in Hurstville this morning and purchased a 200ml bottle of Careline Care Touch hand sanitiser for $8.00. The same brand equivalent volume in Pharmacy4less would have cost me $32.00. They should review the pharmacy name to reflect actual pricing.

4 Likes

Woolworths. Dairy Farmers pure cream on Friday last week was $3.90 for 600ml. Today its $4.50. Guess I am going to be drinking black coffee.

2 Likes

Woolies thickened cream is $3 per 600ml. What’s a little gelatine between friends. You coffee wil look, feel and taste just the same.

3 Likes

Been there done that and its not the same at all :-1:

2 Likes

First post, so be kind if I am putting this in the wrong place… BUPA has sent members a nice letter telling them that our premium increases will be put on hold for 6 months, BUT, it will not pay for telehealth extras visits unless it was for a pre-existing condition, and only for certain categories. This needs to change

3 Likes

4 Likes

My partner uses DF Fresh Cream and there is no way to sneak anything else by. @SueW is right on!

FWIW it has been $3.40 locally and has always been hit or miss re stock. We will be venturing out tomorrow so are braced for a change. Often the shelf is empty and sometimes they have a tray or even two of short dated product at reduced price to clear it. It seems a niche product some appreciate, but most don’t so hard to manage stock.

2 Likes

I’m trying to get it from Woolies online but the problem is that the expiry date could be anything at all. The two I received have the same expiry, 4/2. and the milk I ordered a couple of days later, same expiry. I prefer to get the longest possible expiry.

I rather fear I am going to have to brave the supermarket for such things.

3 Likes

What do people think of this? Is this allowed?

1 Like

Be careful buying masks etc from non retailers. There are poorer quality masks being sold as N95. The Government has been confiscating them at the border and destroying them since 1st March. The good masks, gloves, hand sanitiser, surgical gowns etc are also being confiscated and added to the Governments reserves so they can be used in Hospitals etc.

3 Likes
1 Like

Hi. About 3 weeks ago, I (panic) bought a bottle of Health+Beauty instant hand sanitiser from Chemist Warehouse. 120ml for $3.49. The bottle does not state % alcohol, so I looked it up again - it’s now $6.99 (https://www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/buy/82847/health-beauty-hand-sanitiser-120ml). Small value issue, I know, but indicative of a general trend to hit us just a jobs and wages are shrinking. By the way - not taking the risk, I have some methylated spirits and will make my own WHO formula sanitiser.

3 Likes

Just an update! I heard the PNW Rosebery has been warned and the price of Scotts Handsanitser is now $25.95 instead of $45. Still double the price of what sanitiser used to be but it’s a small win.

3 Likes

Latest shonky email offer from Rockmans.

Stock just landed but wait up to 6 weeks for delivery?

And only $59 a litre?

2 Likes