COVID-19 Poor business behaviour

Well written @grahroll, it is as if that is how the legislation reads and was intended to read. Just political window dressing 99% of the time.

4 Likes

Thank you for CHOICE doing the work and calling out Mosaic brands on their disgusting behaviour - mass marketing, to panicked customers, and sending an overseas product at HIGHLY inflated prices, that is then found to be useless. I sent an email immediately after I received CHOICE’s email about the AIR hand sanitiser containing almost zero alcohol, and they refunded the entire order. Great. That doesn’t help the fact our employees were given a shonky product accidentally and left vulnerable because of their behaviour. Appalling!

7 Likes

Strong enforcement discourages ‘innovation’.

/s

2 Likes

Heheh so much sarcasm that is so right on point. Yes innovation to the lowest point on the unethical scale. The Lie, Steal & Cheat scale/code as we call it in our home.

2 Likes

Mosaic Brands strike again with their W. Lane “One Night Only” “Up To 80% Off” sale including this absolute "bargain:.

https://www.wlane.com.au/Product/Detail?CategoryId=75930&ProductId=157758&Colour=black

Only $199.99. Was $999.00.

Too bad everyone else is also selling them for $199.00 to $249.00 with only mydeal.com.au claiming that the RRP is $999.00 whilst the others including catch.com.au suggest that the normal price is $249.00.

Old habits die hard at Mosaic Brands. Pity the group didn.t.

1 Like

Priceline shops have stepped up to partake. FWIW we bought a box of 50 disposables at Chemwarehouse for $54, and they had some products for less as well as a good supply of 3 packs for $12.99.

5 Likes

N95 face masks still available at “bargain” prices from Livingstone.

1 Like

Another shonky from W. Lane with this “bargain” air fryer for only $94.34, was $399.00.

https://www.wlane.com.au/Product/Detail?CategoryId=75930&ProductId=185533&Colour=black&sc_src=email_2090903&sc_lid=146024615&sc_uid=6rz8DRfXt1&sc_llid=66322&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WLE2104+21JUL20+TUE+MIDDAY+-+TOTAL+BASE&sc_eh=091a57d9f17202961

Or simply order through Bunnings for $119.95 with no false savings claims.

I found Priceline price gouging Hand Sanitiser in May or June. I have stopped shopping at Priceline. I will not support price gouging shops or shop chains. Each shopfront is a representative of Priceline and can either enhance or tarnish the brand name.

5 Likes

A link to a post I did in another topic this week.

According to the grievances listed in the reasons for the proposed class class action is that franchisees had to stock Priceline selected products and price them at Priceline’s stated prices.

Smells like third party forcing and price fixing.

Where is the fearless ACCC?

(woof woof whimper whimper)

1 Like

BARGAIN ALERT.

https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/kogan-198l-interchangeable-chest-fridge-and-freezer-white/?utm_source=criteo&utm_source=criteo&utm_medium=newinventory&utm_campaign=criteo-oct-kogan-198l-interchangeable-chest-fridge-and-freezer-white

Now a mere $399.00. Only $50 higher than before the pandemic and a massive $900 less than the highest price.

I guess they have run out of people to rip-off, and the previous buyers are still working their way through the 300kg of mince they bought to fill them with.

In Brisbane where face masks are not mandatory, the price at Terry White pharmacy so far takes the cake at $120. I questioned their customer service people on FB messenger and was informed it’s the suppliers fault. Interesting the other large chains have not increased their prices to that extent.

3 Likes

A photo of chairs placed outside the shopfront of the ITP office in our local shopping centre advising that they are for the exclusive of their clients despite being outside their lease area.

Hopefully their accounting skills are better than theit social distancing measuring skills

It also reflects poorly on the Centre Management, especially if they approved the chairs being placed there.

On a more positive note, Woollies had a person in a pink hi-viz jacket wiping the trolley handles for customers outside the store and another similarily dressed person wiping the handles on the fridge and freezer doors.

1 Like

Looks like someone didn’t read the signs above where the chairs are supposed to be.

The problem is due to the fact that the signs are not 1.5 metres apart, so even if the chairs were correctly positioned below the signs, they would be way short of the 1.5 metre requirement.

Even on the other side of the entrance door where there are only 2 chairs, there is no way they could comply.

1 Like

My wife just received another email from W. Lane which still features their “bargain” robotic cleaner for a mere $199.99, was $999.00. Pre-order now for delivery from 01.09.2020 so you don’t miss out.

Another bunch of charlatans fined by the TGA for false claims regarding coronavirus treatments.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/coronavirus-australia-dr-ageless-sgc-products-fined-over-covid19-preventative-cure/7d566e31-5330-497e-b0ae-692f2f258a56

High time to call all these grubs and their moronic believers “COVIDIOTS”.

Melbourne abattior deducts holiday pay entitlement instead of sick pay entitlement for worker who contracted coronavirus at work.

1 Like

Checked again today to see their disposable masks are still$3 each. Highest price around. Facebook customer service person said they were looking for cheaper supplier. Suggest avoiding as very other chemist I walked past today were selling 50 packs for around $35 to $40. These are essential items. Terry White Brisbane, do better

1 Like

I noticed several ads on the TV over the past week for the Sunboost 6.6kw solar system for $3,991 and stating that their best ever offer which had been extended from June must end on 31.07.2020.

Surprise. Surprise. Today I saw this ad on the internet.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story?