COVID-19 Poor business behaviour

These are businesses that pretend to live above ground but in reality they live way below ground in hell. This is where the sinners live.

Flight Centre gets a mention here. Details are in another thread, but the latest of many posts

The article there includes a statement by FC defending their practices.

2 Likes

My wife just received this email from W. Lane.

Hand sanitizer back in stock. Stores closed. Online orders only. Allow 6 weeks for home delivery. Go figure?

Price gouging and it may not have arrived from China I suspect.

Massive shoutout to Pete Evans for selling a $15000 device and claiming it can help prevent coronavirus.

How has this man not been arrested yet for profiting off so many blatantly false claims?

5 Likes

Support your local charlatan?

Kogan. The same chest freezer that was $349 in February is $1499 in April:

4 Likes

STOP THE PRESSES.

Kogan reduces theiving down to a mere $599.

And whilst you are shopping, don’t miss being robbed blind on other hard to get products.

What an absolure disgrace.

3 Likes

Another way to look at it. :wink:

For the same $599 that Kogan will sell you a 198l, why not buy from the Goodguys a Chest Freezer that is 50% bigger. Big brand names, two choices.

Or

Other retailers likewise will be offering similar good prices to compete. It pays to shop around.

5 Likes

Nothing like an online only retailer to offer consumers lower prices and better deals.

At least there isn’t at Kogan.

1 Like

One has to wonder about the standards and values and self respect of those who work at Kogan. Those who need jobs to live are one thing, the management that sets the tone is another.

If it was $349 and then magically $1499.99 as @Tardis reported and following @Fred123’s reduction, the Kogan site is selling the discount not the price today. Reminds me of many wine solicitations :roll_eyes:

But @mark_m, this product can be a fridge OR a freezer. Amazing! One just need set the thermostat accordingly. Surely worth the premium price for a dual purpose product and the privilege of dealing with Kogan’s famous customer service, and all for only $349, err $599, + delivery unless one was lucky enough to get one for $1499.99.

6 Likes

And the latest offering offering from Solomon Lew’s grubby retailer empire.

NEW CLOTHING PROMOTIONS SALE

Follow Katies on social >

Free delivery\ 50x55 Free Returns\ 50x55 Click & Collect\ 50x55 Web Chat\ 50x55

FREE DELIVERY
On orders over $80^
FREE RETURNS
On all orders
CLICK & COLLECT
Temporarily Unavailable
WEB CHAT
Chat with us online

Afterpay

Offers are subject to change at any time at Katies discretion.
This email was sent by Katies Noni B Group Ground Floor, 61 Dunning Avenue Rosebery NSW 2018

1 Like

All I ever hear or read about Kogan is their overcharging and lack of service. I would never purchase anything from Kogan, their reputation has led me to this conclusion.

5 Likes
3 Likes

The growing list of sordid behaviour of businesses seeking to rip-off consumers certainly deserves more attention than being listed here and soon forgotten after the pandemic, especially as the useless ACCC cannot do anything, as usual.

I would like to see Choice create a Wall Of Shame listing all genuine examples so that consumers can easily check which businesses they should boycott on principle.

2 Likes

Did he go to school with Peter Foster?

And some more info on his quackery…

1 Like

Even the product seems like quakery…it is worth watching the video if one has time to waste…

As they say, ‘only in America (USA)’.

3 Likes

It is without doubt. Much of Evan’s stuff is lifted straight from the manufacturer’s website which is redolent with snake oil, pretentious gibberish and sciency sounding explanations that mean nothing at all.

As for charging $15,000 … clearly each of these gadgets are hand tuned by generations of monks high in the himalayas and exported one by one on the back of the Bullion Lama who has mastered kharmic flying which is the only known way to get down from Shangri La.

5 Likes

He appears to be creating an image of himself as a quack

3 Likes

You could have a lucrative future penning wine labels that sell the aura and never reference the product. There are more of them every week, especially on the Colesworth product labels for their bulk bottling with made up vineyard labels.

3 Likes