COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus, 2019-nCoV) News

Are people still stockpiling dunny rolls? Gawd, I thought the panic merchants would have got over it by now

Hopefully the Victorian Govt has it’s insurance cover sorted on this one?

Expensive for all if it does not go ahead. Hopefully fans will be accepting of the need if that call is now made.

With Melbourne already likely to be full to the brim with interstate and OS visitors, COVID-19 might already have a foot in the door.

P.s. Added note re Victoria. (Hopefully the other states might soon follow?)

This illustrates just how easy it is for the virus to be present in the in a high risk environment at the worst time.

With hundreds of fan pressing together at the GP gates, the announcement is that no crowd will be allowed in, even if the race goes on.

2 Likes

3000 angry GP fans waiting at the gates, the announcement comes that the race is off.
Why at the last minute🤔
How did the infected McLaren’s get in the country :thinking:

1 Like

An article regarding coronavirus and pneumonia.

And an article regarding boosting yout immune system to help fight coronavirus.

1 Like

Oh folks. Nothing to worry about. The coronavirus is just a scam.

Yep. Straight from the horse’s mouth?

1 Like

First Choice Liquor has caught coronavirus.

I received an email offering 2,000 bonus Flybuys points if I spent $50 on click & collect by Sunday and their price for 24 x Corona bottles is $50 so I tried to logon and to create a new account but just got error messages.

I tried calling them and received a message that they are aware that there is a problem with their website.

Things are really getting serious when supplies of Corona are affected.

1 Like

We don’t know that to be the circumstance, and not all carriers of the virus may have distinct symptoms, if any. It takes typically only 3-4 days (it can take up to 14 days) to go from picking the infection up to it becoming evident through illness.

It’s quite possible for any visitor to have picked up the infection locally in Australia if they have been here for more than a few days.

Anything is possible, even for someone coming from a continent highly hit with
the new virus, to be infected in Australia which is just starting to see a handful of covid-19 cases.
Pretty scary for the rest of us :wink:

Yep, here comes compulsory vaccination to give you autism and 5G to scramble your brain, too much Corona will do that. So will repeated blows to the head.

US-centric and a bit dated, but lots of interesting numbers:

Just to lighten the mood, some images from Facebook:

1 Like

An article regarding whether consumers will get refunds for their tickets to cancelled events.

1 Like

A Brisbane KFC closes after an employee tests positive for coronavirus.

Thank goodness they were not singing “I don’t care, I love it”.

And KFC cancels its “Finger Lickin’ Good” advertising campaign.

https://kitchen.nine.com.au/latest/coronavirus-kfc-ad-campaign/36bc6957-3fb0-447f-a88d-5b5e1bd44fb6

They should cancel it permanently so as to not encourage people to adopt disgusting habits in addition to eating junk food.

And now this.

An article advising people visiting gyms.

https://honey.nine.com.au/coach/coronavirus-is-it-safe-to-go-to-gym-how-to-avoid-catching-covid-19/c4490f8e-b7d5-41bf-bceb-818a5cca0a07

Interestingly, whilst I was at our local Coles yesterday, there was a staff member wiping the carry handles of the plastic shopping trolleys, in addition to the self service wipes and sanitizer dispensers outside th estore.

Not really dated… one day? But, he’s right. Large gatherings of people should be shut down now.

Unless you are an NRL fan this weekend, you can’t get it till Monday? :partying_face:

That includes the Cronulla Sharks No1 fan, the PM who’s off to their opening round match today. Can’t get it or doesn’t get it?

With nearly every other sporting event saying no to the crowds, let’s hope NRL fans are equally wise.

I read (on ABC maybe) that he changed his mind last night and is not going.

There are still people saying that its fine to go to the footy, they wont get sick. They arent even thinking about (or if they are, they dont care) about the other people they will come into contact with.

Possibly, but no update first thing this morning on the ABC online news. Certainly the wiser call not to attend, assuming “Spud” Dutton has not done the deed on Tuesday. Reports are it’s unlikely, although it has hit close to the USA President.

No need to comment further on the leadership style.

It demonstrates just how easy it is for COVID-19 or any Corona type virus to spread itself around.

The message regarding coronavirus on the CBA website today.

https://www.commbank.com.au/latest/coronavirus.html?bid=CEE-ALL-SER-NA-CrisisResponse-NBPP-1