Corian kitchen benchtop & sink: what's your experience?

As you point out that is just stupid. Are you saying that this is according to manufacturer’s specification? What manufacturer says MDF is suitable for wet areas?

1 Like

Sorry for the confusion here. This is what happens. The specification sheet states MDF is to be used, but as the manufacturer (Maker) of the item to be installed in a wet area, I would contact the writer of the specification sheet to inform them I recommend using High Moisture Resistant particle board in stead of MDF due to HMR having higher resistance to moisture. The writer would respond with confirmation of the change and I would proceed to use HMR. The term MDF has become too loosely associated with any type of board. Some manufacturers (Maker) follow the specification sheet, that’s where MDF gets used in wet areas. What does RHS on a vanity unit drawing stand for? Rectangular Hollow Section or Right Hand Side. We would have to ask the drawer if it is not stated clearly on the drawing. I have seen some very strange products made and I will never know if that’s what the client really wanted or a simple miscommunication or lack of communication.

1 Like

Many years ago I replaced our ex-Housing Commission laminex benchtops and splashbacks with off-white ceramic tiles. They still look great and are easy to maintain.