Computer Games : What are you playing?

At the moment I am playing " Fable 10th Anniversary Edition " on my Acer Predator Lap top . Also playing "Resident Evil 4 remake " on my Xbox X series .

What games are you playing at the moment ?

3 Likes

Baldurs Gate 3, Dragons Dogma I and II, Ultima, Planet Crafter, and a lot of others.

2 Likes

Sudoku! :rofl:

Most of my computer game experience is historical, and as an observer rather than a player. Iā€™ve just been the IT support for the gamers in the family. :hammer_and_pick:

My kids spent a lot of time on ā€œWhere in Time is Carmen Sandiego?ā€ ~20 years ago, and learned a surprising amount of history from it. ā€œThe Simsā€ was a favourite with both of them, too. Son had any number of computer games over the years and is still very much a gamer. I have no idea of the names any of them, though!

In the early 1970s I watched people playing ā€œPongā€ in the UQ student union building when I was a grad student. Apparently it was one of the first computer games. The version Iā€™m recalling was a two-player ā€˜arcade gameā€™ in the form of a low table with horizontal screen maybe 1.2m square.

The gameā€™s still available, I found! On somewhat smaller and more capable computing devices. :wink:

The next computer games I came across, at work in the early 1980s, were Space Invaders and Pac-Man, both played on an Apple II personal computer rather than the arcade game versions. We actually used Apple IIs to do real computer work, but some of my colleagues sneaked the games in and played them during breaks.

4 Likes

I tend to play games which are short rather than those that can go for weeks, months, years. Theres this one which I had forgotten about: Entanglement - by Gopherwood Studios, plus things like Sudoku, scrabble, ā€¦ anything which forces me to think.

3 Likes

Sue hop onto the Mah jong Time sight and go to the tutorial section . It is free .If you want a game that makes you think it is for you . Great community too . You will make good friends by playing .

4 Likes

Thanks @vax2000 . Iā€™m a Mahjong player of old. I was taught by a Chinese fellow I worked with, and he also arranged for his grandfather to ship several non-english sets out for those of us who wanted them. So the tiles are not named in English, they arent named at all.

I donā€™t mind the tile matching games either. Used to have a few on the iPad. Iā€™ll check the site out :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I remember the good times of computer games. The pre-windows times of the Sierra series. Kings quest, space quest, and the fabulous leisure suit Larry in the land of the lounge lizards.
Then Windows with its builtin games. Solitaire, mahjong, and minesweeper.

Still play some of the latter. But mainly Risk. Or just go online and do Wordle.

1 Like

YES!!! I love Wordle. I donā€™t do it daily, but when I do, I get great enjoyment. There are too many clones now. I only play the original now owned by the New York Times.

2 Likes

When re-reading this, I realised that was the case for me, as well. Atari, C64, C128, Amiga (on which I played such gems as KIngs Quest, Simon the Sorcerer etc.) but once I gave up on Commodore when it went belly up, *and * I was doin an hons year at University, I stopped.

On my iPad right now, I have Hidden Folks, JigsawHD, and Shanghai (mahjong tile matching). ON my iPhone, Sudoku+, Blockudoku, and Solebon (solitaire with many games but I mostly playScorpion)

2 Likes

Of course - Wordle! I do it online daily. Itā€™s an ephemeral brain exercise: the moment I complete it, Iā€™ve forgotten what the word was. :smile:

1 Like