Commonwealth Bank problems & issues

What I stated is that the statement was issued on 14.03.2021 and both the statement total owing and payable and the “Account Info” “Last statement total owing” both stated $2,395.50.

The “Account Info” “Last statement total owing” has now mysteriously changed from $2,395.50 to $2,386.50 in the last few days which I noticed when I went to double check the due date.

The CBA would not give one the time of day let alone a $9.00 reduction.

As @PhilT suggested, I will ring them tomorrow.

2 Likes

Do you have a fee free card or arrangement with CBA? The $9 sounds like a monthly fee which may be paid in the statement period but then reimbursed.

No. It was a Gold card until CBA changed it to Platinum when they dropped the Gold cards.

It it sure isn’t fee free.

1 Like

They still supply Gold Cards @Fred123, they don’t have as good a list of benefits as Platinum ones nor do I think you can have quite as high Credit limit. Gold Cards may not be eligible for Rewards points either.

2 Likes

Our cards have rewards which the grubby CBA has continued to decrease in “value” to the point of being almost worthless, whether transferred to Qantas FF or left with CBA.

1 Like

A few years ago a number of banks ‘upgraded’ a lot of customer’s cards without increasing the annual fees.Some got Platinum for Gold, some got Black for Platinum and so on. It seemed a mix of customer relations coupled with the cynicism that merchant fees were higher for the more premium cards. For the bank a win. For the customer also a win, of sorts.

@Fred123 might have been one of the beneficiaries

3 Likes

This could be the missing $9. Fees charged for platinum but refunded $9 to maintain gold fees. The refunds out of step with monthly statements. A account reconciliation will quickly pick this up.

All the cards I am familiar with bill card fees anually. Let’s await Fred’s update rather than speculating.

3 Likes

On hold to them while I post? :laughing:

2 Likes

When I walked past the former CBA branch today, it was being demolished but there was an updated sign outside.

Previously there was no mention of the ATM’s being relocated elsewhere in the centre.

I can only assume there has been a massive customer backlash that has forced them to rethink their disgusting behaviour.

1 Like

It is now more than a month since this branch closed and the fitout was stripped out but still no CBA ATM’s re-installed outside

Today after I had no cash left, I went to the LPO to draw some out.

On Wednesday, the hypocrites had the gall to email me this garbage.

View online.

We’re Here to help.

Dear XXXX,

I hope you and your family and friends are keeping safe. This past week has been a difficult one for many Australians, especially for those of us affected by recent stay-at-home restrictions. Since the beginning of the pandemic, our communities have shown how resilient we can be, but we know that many of you will be concerned about the impact on your financial circumstances. I want to share with you what we’re doing to help.

We’re open, safely
CommBank branches and ATMs across Australia remain open. We’re taking all necessary steps to keep you and our people safe, including following all requirements for indoor mask-wearing, check-ins, and deep cleaning.

You can access your account and support from the CommBank app and NetBank. Ceba, your virtual banking assistant, can help you get answers to everyday banking questions quickly and easily from home.

Help for customers in difficulty
If you need financial support as a result of the latest lockdowns, you are not alone. We have a number of ways to help you get back on your feet after a financial setback.

For any customers seeking help, you can find out what options are available at commbank.com.au/financialdifficulty. We will continue to update these support measures as the situation changes.

Keeping you safe online
Unfortunately, during times of disruption we see an increase in scams and fraud. Please be alert to anyone seeking your banking details and never share your password in person or online. Your account security is a priority and we’ve taken steps to keep you safe. We also encourage you to remain vigilant; remember we will never ask for your PIN, Netcode SMS, or password details.

Supporting our business customers
I know this is an especially disruptive time for our nation’s businesses, especially in communities under stay-at-home restrictions. We’ve activated our Emergency Assistance to provide our business customers with a range of measures to support them during this time.

To find the latest information and resources available to support you, go to commbank.com.au/coronavirus.

Australians have shown since the pandemic began that by working together and supporting each other we can minimise the impact of the virus and help everyone get back on track. We will do whatever we can to help you if you need assistance.

Thank you for being a Commonwealth Bank customer.
Sincerely,

Matt Comyn
Chief Executive Officer

Things you should know:

This email contains important information or updates about your service and as such you cannot unsubscribe from these types of messages.

This email was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. To contact us, please visit the Contact Us section of our website. To see how we protect your information, view our Privacy Policy .

Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 4‌8 1‌23 1‌23 1‌24 AFSL and Australian credit licence 234945.

With friends like the CBA, who needs enemies?

Why do you deal with all these companies that gall you so? You could save so much trouble if you just walked.

1 Like

This is not to gainsay any of the previous posts, but I was impressed recently when I got a text from the cba security alert asking if I had just made a payment to such and such overseas, and to answer yes or no.

A phone call immediately followed
letting me know the payment had been stopped and a new card would be issued.

I was surprised at the process and prompt action. I thanked them and they said: it’s what we do.

2 Likes

That’s what I once thought.
We left the CBA decades back when we found the two horse community we moved to in Central Qld only had the ANZ for service. It was semi painless! :wink:

The ANZ and Suncorp in our current locale had full service branches and ATMs just up the road (5km). All are now gone with a 30km drive the alternative. We thought having a foot in two camps was a sure thing to cover the options. Especially in a growing community.

The CBA is still near here for now. Which horse to choose next. If one has established elsewhere credit cards and or a loan and has retired or no longer working full time. Starting with a new bank is not that easy.

It’s hardly a new problem?

When a bank can’t grow the business through greater market share, profits come from fine tuning the overheads IE cutting services. The promises made in response to the Banking RC recommendations are far from being delivered.

2 Likes

CBA has another outage.

Which bank?

After almost 2 months, a single CBA ATM was re-installed outside the shopping centre, and it accepts banknotes and cheques, in addition to dispensing banknotes.

I used it today and the keypad is almost totally unreadable when one hold their wallet above it for security as the numbers are well worn.

One would expect that the bank would have taken the opportunity to refurbish the terminal during the very considerable time that it was out of service.

Which bank?

Earlier this week, I switched back to paper statements after some incredibly frustrating issues tracking things down on a closed account.

CBA presented me with this wonderful opportunity this morning:

Of course the catch is “up to 7 years” - if the account has been closed, you can only see “up to 7 years” for 2 years after closure - then it’s all gone.

… and of course it could be flagged that I’ve just changed to paper, rather than wasting time and screen real estate - the surveys CBA put on every page are already beyond ridiculous …

1 Like

I had that offer many years ago from a number of financial institutions. I have a box of paper statements for one dating to T0 until they one went online. I download and keep every statement just in case; 20 years worth and counting from when I relocated from the US.

1 Like

Ugh don’t get me started on their new ‘UI’ updates! (they managed to actually mess up displaying a list of data :roll_eyes:) it feels like they’re actively reversing back to the other 3 again.

at least when I mentioned some of the rather glaring issues when one hits F12 to display developer console they mostly got those sorted.
(I’m a software engineer by trade and some of the ‘real’ warnings and actual error’s for a multi-billion dollar financial institution were truly unacceptable)

2 Likes

One interesting twist of the banks not keeping records past 7 years can arise with home loans.

Not all of us are well versed in to how it works when that final mortgage payment is made. The loan is closed, the debt extinguished and the mortgage released. At least it should be. Various letters are received and all seems good in the world. Of course these days paper deeds have been made redundant in most states etc.

I’m aware of two instances in the previous 12 months where the banks, one the CBA have failed to complete the task of updating the mortgage and releasing the deed to the owner. Trivial as it may seem in both instances the loans were paid out many years prior. In both examples the banks have “feigned knowledge” (no accessible records) of the loans since after 7 years …….

Keeping one’s own records is essential well past the 7 year mark to prove the loan has been paid out and perhaps as to who the rightful owner is. In both instances it has only been inadvertently revealed the title deeds had not been dealt with properly by the respective banks! One is still to be resolved, and now with a solicitor. Both have relied on the borrower providing evidence of discharge of the loans by providing back to the bank your copy of their paperwork! :rage:

3 Likes