Coles New Shopping Loyalty Offer

Two misbehaving monocles got together and made a spectacle of themselves

5 Likes

What a joke. A much better option would be to do all your grocery shopping in Aldi for a couple of months and use the money you save to buy your glassware from one of the ā€œHouseā€ or equivalent businesses. You would come out WELL ahead.

2 Likes

Yep, thats exactly what they hope for. Note that after you have shopped, and used flybuys, you will always get an email with offers which require you to spend $10-20 more than you spent on your most recent shop. And to do it eveyr week for 4. Seriously, they want every dollar they can get out of you.

I never spend enough to make points for these ā€œoffersā€ and I do not care.

4 Likes

Neither do I. This gimmick might benefit those with a big shopping list who are spending the money anyway.

But I am aware that shoppers like us, @SueW, are subsidising all this ā€˜giftsā€™ like 4c off petrol, free drinking glasses, etc.

What bothers me most is when they target children ( little shop).
We all know how vulnerable shoppers with kids can be, just to have a bit of peace and quiet.
I think this is hitting below the belt.

3 Likes

The prices to buy the 2 glass sets is for the 25 point ones if you pay by cash it is $25 for the 30 point ones $30 and the 35 point ones $35. Each glass is worth in ascending order $12.50, $15, & $17.50. Very expensive glasses.

4 Likes

Especially when one can get 6 glass pack (rather than the Coles two box offer), for the same price elsewhere.

4 Likes

Riedel which are the best cost less to buy outright. People will spend more to get the ā€˜freeā€™ glasses just like they did with food containers.

3 Likes

Reminds me of redeeming frequent flyer points. Almost without exception everything in their catalogue is priced at recommended retail, and the points are worth next to nothing. Not worth using the points when you can buy the same goods (appart from the airlineā€™s logo-ed stuff) elsewhere for significantly discounted prices.

6 Likes