Coles New Shopping Loyalty Offer

Coles are offering a new set of items for shopper loyalty. Every $20 you spend in a single transaction you get 1 credit. With at least 25 credits you can get two free glassware items from a range of drinking glasses. So for $500 of spend (as long as all 25 spends were $20 or multiples of $20) you will get 2 drinking glasses. Some drinking glasses in the range take 30 credits and some 35 credits. So for the more costly ones you will need to spend $600 in $20 or multiple of $20 spends or $700 worth. Real bargain
NOT!!. Oh forgot to add only Flybuys members will accrue these credits

The offer ends at the end of January 2020 so to get 6 drinking glasses of even the basic cheap ones you will need to spend an enormous $1,500 in that period in $20s or multiples of $20. The most expensive will require a spend in the period of a huge (almost ridiculous) $2,100.

You can buy them outright but I’m unsure of the cost of them atm.

10 Likes

Coles glasses?

Should have gone to Specsavers.

9 Likes

Ok so I fixed it to say drinking glasses :smile:

5 Likes

get ready for some cheap glassware from Coles in Feb 2020 as they clear the warehouse :wink:

8 Likes

Or maybe they will be free.

Coles are now offering leftover Coles Mini Shop 2 shopping baskets for free with any purchase of confectionery.

6 Likes

Depending on the Spiegelau glasses (haven’t cross checked every one but generally), appears one can get a 6 pack from about $40-80 from most bricks and mortar sellers. This converts to about $13-27 for two. They can be found cheaper online (from low $20 for six or $6-7 for two)

A lot of money needs to be spent for a smallish reward (<3% return on investment).

9 Likes

Plus the cost of driving the extra 50km to get to the nearest Coles store compared to shopping locally. Can’t help bad luck?:rofl:

7 Likes

Very expensive
 I worked it out. It’s cheaper for me to purchase Riedel.

7 Likes

I will not be going out of my way to get points for these. I have enough glasses in my cupboard. If by some strange chance I find I do have enough points I will pick them up and give them to someone who is trying to complete a set.

9 Likes

Doctor, doctor - I feel like a pair of glasses!

Shut up and stop making a spectacle of yourself.

8 Likes

It reminded me of of one of my favourite episodes of “Happy Days” when Richie Cunningham’s dad, the optometrist said to the Fonz.

“I nearly fell into my lens grinder and made a spectacle of myself.”

6 Likes

You can get six champagne glasses in Target for about $12.

5 Likes

Does one have to spend $600+ to get this deal?

If not, it sounds like the deal of the decade

without any hassle of redeeming points as well.

3 Likes

Just buy them https://www.target.com.au/p/athens-set-of-6-flute-glasses/61810150

2 Likes

If you are a Coles supermarket shopper
anyway ( and according to our poll: “Which supermarket do you shop at” 63% of us shop at Coles), you can make it work for you: at today’s prices it wouldn’t take long for a family to accrue the points needed.
And Spiegelau glasses are not the cheapest drinking glasses.

Of course, not a good idea to go and spend more money on shopping than we otherwise would, just for the reward.
And that’s probably what they are hoping for.

7 Likes

I’d honestly rather get a raft of nice glasses from Ikea. The only positive about this offer from Coles is that it doesn’t involve PLASTIC!

7 Likes

If this suits you - go for it! It works for me. I shop at Cole’s for location, convenience and familiarity. Don’t have the time to shop around to save a few $. With the previous points offer of plastic tubs I acquired about 5 without even trying. That’s probably the point - you should never try for this stuff, but if it works with what you already do, then it’s a gift! Also working for me is Cole’s Mastercard combined with Fly Buys. The points I earn just by shopping at Cole’s, which I’m going to do anyway, delivers $10 discounts which ends up equating to around $500 a year. I must stress I am not chasing these points or $, it just happens to fit with what I do anyway so it’s a bonus. Not for everyone, but just because it doesn’t work for you does not make it a bad deal.

9 Likes

btw I do not work for Cole’s or FlyBuys :slight_smile:

3 Likes

“Of course, not a good idea to go and spend more money on shopping than we otherwise would, just for the reward.
And that’s probably what they are hoping for.”

Of course they are just like the Little Shop ‘give aways’ people fought over, or the other plastic things Woolworth did. All of which will end up in landfill if they haven’t already.

At the least the recent Woolworth seed give away can end up providing you with some food and flowers!

5 Likes

Interesting, I was right not taking up the offer last week. Thanks.

2 Likes