Coles Little Shop

Whilst I don’t support the unnecessary use of plastic, consumers have a choice whether or not that they support such promotional campaigns.

It is evident from previous campaigns that Coles is unlikely to stop running similar programs as they have proven to be successful.

If those who strongly oppose the campaign should do so by not accepting them when making purchases at Coles. If there are enough consumer that do this, it will send a strong message to Coles management and marketing teams.

Running a Charge.org type petitions will have no effect, other than providing free marketing to Coles for the promotion in question.

BTW, Coles has also indicated that ’

Stikeez returned to Coles Supermarkets will be recycled!

Responsibly recycle your Stikeez by popping them in the bins found at the front of every Coles Supermarket. Place your duplicate, spare or old Stikeez in the orange bin and the wrappers in the white bin.

Maybe Coles realises that the Stikeez are a short term wonder and many will become waste shortly after the promotion ceases. Hopefully their recycling bins will be around long after the promotion has finished.

1 Like

Breaking news folks. Coles have released their latest promption for kids.

https://honey.nine.com.au/latest/coles-collectables-return-reading-challenge/89f5a8af-63ba-411f-a152-d5bbe023857a

I wondered why the young lady at the self service checkouts at our local Coles had a satchel over her shoulder, but this obviously explains it.

https://www.coles.com.au/campaign/little-treehouse

1 Like

At least this time around they’re recyclable.

3 Likes

Oh dear. Oh dear. The Coles LittleTreehouse Books are now mired in controversy.

Breaking news folks.

When you buy selected Murdoch rags this weekend, you will receive a rare Coles Little Treehouse Book as per this display outside our local Coles today.

Don’t forget there is a limit of 4 per transaction in case you plan to buy a pallet of the rags.

On a more positive note, the Treehouse Books will most likely be more entertaining, educational, enjoyable and factual than Murdoch’s rags.

2 Likes

Bad news folks.

No more Coles Little Shop.

2 Likes

Just when you thought that you had seen the last of “little shops”.

https://view.e.supercheapauto.com.au/?qs=cadace75bd598235c28e89cfa44535f8991b45434583c7010838ad813f6944129984cbea666696819e5b8a40c2977699798408564483177967fa574f9157c380fdcd209451f6fbfee240f13db035fa5b

I tried to find out if they are “working” examples. The website says Warning! Choking hazard – small parts. Not for children under 4 years. Remove packaging before giving to a child. Contents and colours may vary. So who knows what’s in them - real car polish or cordial?

They have “green” credentials -

For the benefit of the planet these products contains Plasgreen!
At its end-of-life, Plasgreen-treated plastic is converted into organic material at an accelerated rate. In fact, independent tests shown Plasgreen-treated plastic can naturally biodegrade over 300 times faster than normal plastic and by removing plastic from the world faster, PlasgreenTM helps you do your part in making the world green! Learn more at www.plasgreen.com

Frankly, I think avoiding these things would do more for the planet.

Here they are! By “small parts” I assume that the lids screw off or flip up, the triggers move etc. If I was a parent of a small child I would want to know if they contain anything and what it is. The video doesn’t show anything, just two girls swapping their plastic bits.

You mean they’re not made of sugar and spice and all things nice?