CHOICE suggested I share with you... Hop Shop Go

Hi everyone,

Recently, I made a purchase of several items from a US-based company that unfortunately didn’t offer shipping to Australia. To get around this, I decided to use a 3rd party freight company. After doing some research, I came across an article from CHOICE, where they mentioned a company called Hop Shop Go. It seemed the lesser of all the evils.

After placing the order and having the items delivered to Hop Shop Go, I expected to receive some notification from them. However, I haven’t received any updates from them despite tracking the package with a USPS tracking number to their location and a website commitment that they would be showing as “arrived” on my account by 13 July 2023.

I reached out to Hop Shop Go to inquire about the status of my items, but they haven’t responded to my inquiries.

Digging further, I discovered that many other customers have been facing similar issues with Hop Shop Go since April 2023. It appears that the company doesn’t respond to emails and holds onto parcels beyond the free 30-day storage period, which then incurs extra fees for customers who want their items shipped promptly, including within the 30-days.

I informed CHOICE about these problems and suggested that they update their article accordingly. They acknowledged my input and encouraged me to share this information on their discussion board.

Considering these experiences, I want to caution anyone considering using Hop Shop Go as their freight forwarding company. Despite the article from CHOICE, it’s important to do even more research on our own, be aware of the potential issues and consider other alternatives for a smoother shipping experience.

In the very least, I hope this has helped someone.

32 Likes

@MakingEndsMeet what alternative 3rd party freight companies might be recommended? I am considering purchasing some automotive items that can’t be sent directly to Australia.
Kind Regards, Mark.

1 Like

Hi Mark,
Here’s a link to the article.

Under the heading Freight-forwarders compared toward the bottom of the article they list several 3rd party freight forwarding services.

Hop Shop Go continues to be difficult, I hope you the best with any that you may go with and am hopeful for a better result. If so please let me know. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I use 'my usa"

3 Likes

I have used Stackry a few times & never had any issues

2 Likes

Ahhh yes! This is the one I used a few years ago. I couldn’t recall the name. Thanks! :slight_smile:

I’ve used Shipito numerous times, though not for a few years. I’ve also used their “assisted purchase” to buy a couple of things restricted to “US only” credit cards. I’ve not had a problem with them.

1 Like