Choice online chronological lists of reviews, news, action & other items

Sometimes it’s a few weeks or more between Choice website visits.
I take a look & every article is fresh. Wonderful - something to catch up on.
But I can’t see a way to browse anything I’ve missed.
Is this functionality there & I’ve missed it? -> Chat has just confirmed the function not available.

Choice is doing itself a disservice by not showing all it is doing.
Relying on a site search is not OK. For example I do not search Olive Oils today before going to the supermarket. If I missed out as it passed down the short front page list, in my mind its never been there. So, hey, Choice isn’t doing much - I won’t renew, comes to mind.

Even worse for taking action, recall news etc. The front page approach relies on very regular site visits.
It wouldn’t take much to add links to chronology of tests, news etc.
Please.

3 Likes

nb. I confused choice.com.au with choice.community as the target site… seems they have code that could do the job just on the ‘wrong’ site…

You should see an unread category atop your page. Not fully chronological re posts but is it close enough?

Yes I should have been clear I meant the choice.com.au website. Contents of the “Site Feedback” category is quite broad including both Community & Choice.com.au itself. I’m not sure that was intent. I couldn’t immediately see a more appropriate category.

1 Like

On Choice Community if you click “Latest” from the Hamburger they are listed in Chrono order and of course those in bold have unread items.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @Kanga2, I’ll be sure to pass it on to our digital team. Maybe it’s something we can develop for the website or in some other way in the future.

1 Like

This could be done by cookies, and adding an option in the menu to present the viewer only with new content since the last visit.

It would make the site more user friendly. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Time flies by, yet still not something to help readers.

Elsewhere I’ve just tried to find an article & also commented on Choices use of Wirecutter articles, which has a wonderful option I wish Choice would implement. Here it is: https://thewirecutter.com/everything/

2 Likes

That’s a good example from Wirecutter @Kanga2, thanks for sharing it. We had an RSS feed running for a time to test out providing an update service on every article published. As a way of improving, we hadded a ‘latest’ section to our site, but I appreciate the full list as you have described. I’ll be sure to pass on your comment.

2 Likes